Chapter 4:

KANAO'S POV:

I blinked. Did I just hear that correctly? He liked it? I snapped out of it when I saw Shinobu laughing with Giyuu. They seemed happy. GRGLGLGLG... I was hungry. I walked into the kitchen to find a happy couple and an angry sister.

"KANAO TSUYURI! YOU CUDDLED WITH TANJIRO KAMADO?!? AND I HAD TO HEAR FROM GIYUU TOMIOKA?" Shinobu screamed. All I could do was stare at her. "It-it was cold... Anyways, you're one to talk! You and Giyuu got drunk and slept together at our house one time!" I yelled. Shinobu gasped at me for revealing that. Giyuu looked at me with "uhhhhhhhhhhhh" eyes. His arm was around Shinobu, to be honest I thought they were secretly dating.

"KANAO! Wait... YOU DID IT! YOUR HEART! IT OPENED!" Shinobu screeched. Well that was a huge change in her mood. "GIYUU, HONEY! SHE DID IT", she smiled.

"Honey? Ms. Shinobu, are you dating Giyuu?" Tanjiro asked. His "uhhhhhhhhhhhh" eyes appeared again. "Shinobu?" Aoi asked. Shinobu panicked and kept stammering a bunch of random words. Eventually she said, "ara-ara~~, I guess it needed to come out some time". Today was so confusing.

"We may have been dating... A few months", Giyuu said as he looked down. No wonder why Shinobu was so happy, and I was right. I was glad to have the attention off of me and Tanjiro. We said our goodbyes and thanked Tomioka for taking care of us. I came to their house, wondering what I was feeling, now I was leaving completely in love. That's right... Love. On the way home, Shinobu kept talking about Giyuu and how sweet he was.

"I'm surprised, Kanao. You're more social when using your heart... I'm so proud of you and I'm so glad Tanjiro helped you with it", she smiled, "what's the deal with you two. You dating? Like Aoi and boar-kid?"

"HIS NAME IS INOSUKE!" Aoi defended. "But I learned that Kanao does in fact like Tanjiro. She kept muttering his name in her sleep", Aoi laughed. I turned red, dying of embarrassment. Kanae, Shinobu, Aoi and I spent the day talking. They enjoyed the new me, it was like i was a completely different person.

"Oh, Kanao, I have a gift. I remember when I gave you the coin, I promised to give you something when you no longer needed it", Kanae handed me a small bag. I reached inside and found... Something so beautiful. A butterfly pin.

"You've used mine for so long, I thought it would be nice for you to have your own", she smiled. I thanked her, giving her a big hug. It was purple and violet, absolutely gorgeous. I helped out putting our lunch away with my new hair clip, I never knew I could be so happy, all these years I felt somewhat okay, now? Now I was happy. Knock-knock!

"KANAO! Get the door!" Shinobu yelled. I rushed to the door to answer it.

"Tanjiro", I smiled. He seemed a little uncomfortable.

"H-hi... Uh..." He awkwardly smiled, was he okay? "You wanna come in?" I asked.

"No, no! I-I'm good... I'm just returning something..." He handed me a back without looking at me. I quickly opened it... Oh... I left my bra. I quickly closed it, realizing how embarrassing this was. Tanjiro was looking away, blushing. All I could do was stare. Did I seriously leave it?! My eyes were wide open, wondering what I should do. I panicked and closed the door. Why did I do that? It might look like I'm mad at him. I quickly opened the door again to see Tanjiro's surprised face. I cleared my throat.

"... Th-... Thank you, have a nice day", I tried so hard not to laugh and smile. I shut the door, breathing hard. Aoi noticed and asked what was going on.

"I left my bra at his place! He returned it!" I whispered. Aoi bursted into laughter. Then I joined her. This was so embarrassing. "Was he... Respectful about it?" she asked. I nodded. "Wow, Inoske was really obsessed and-". I stared at her. What exactly did they do last night? She stopped talking then walked away. At least I wasn't the only one embarrassed. I heard another knock on the door.

"Hey... Kanao... Uh... Sorry about that... If it makes you feel better, I didn't look inside. You wanna just forget it ever happened?" He asked. He was such a gentlemen... I nodded, stifling a laugh. He stared at me, I wondered if I did anything wrong.

"Did you change your hair clip?" He noticed...

"Y-yeah! Kanae gave it to me... Thanks for noticing", I smiled.

"I have to go... See you later~!" He waved goodbye. I was glad he came but... I still kinda wished I never left it there in the first place.

TANJIRO'S POV:

I said goodbye to everyone, it was so fun to just hang out with them. After I harassed Giyuu with questions about his relationship with Shinobu, Nezuko called me into her room. "What's up?" I asked.

"Uh... Kanao.... Left this... Can you give it to her?" She asked. I nodded, it wasn't like it was going to do me any harm.

"What is it?"

"Uh... Woman... Thing?" Nezuko avoided. Ah... I immediately grabbed the bag and left. I didn't check what woman thing it was because I wanted to be respectful but I kept getting embarrassed by the fact that I had to return it to her. Okay... What do I say. Do I leave it? WHAT DO I DOOOO??  I panicked, this did not need to be this hard. When I got to  her house, I mentally prepared myself of what to say.

"Tanjiro", she smiled.

After she closed the door, I stared with a blank face. What just happened? She opened the door.

"... Th-... Thank you, have a nice day", she said. It looked like she had been laughing at the mistake she made. She closed the door again. I tried to think of a solution that would make this better. Should I apologize? Pretend nothing happened? In the end I ended up saying both. When I apologized I noticed something different. Her hair? Her clip! As I said goodbye, I kept thinking how nice she looked with the clip. It really suited her. I kept thinking about what happened, it wasn't like I was uncomfortable with it. I was just uncomfortable since it belonged to the girl I liked! I took a deep breath and tried to forget it.