Chapter 10

TANJIRO'S POV:

I didn't read any of the texts Kanao sent. I didn't want to. I hated her for what she did but I still loved her with all my heart. After what happened, I was too angry and too confused to listen to her explanation. She was yelling, Nezuko was yelling, Inosuke was yelling... But all I could hear was "come on, forget about Tanjiro". Once I got to school, I was going to murder him. I didn't care if he was the one Kanao loved. I hated him.

"Tanjiro... Please listen to us. Kanao isn't like that. Just read her texts", Giyuu spoke. Now he was on her side?

"How would you feel if Shinobu kissed another guy. Would you forgive her?"

"I would listen to her explanation", he said firmly. I didn't want to.

"Just let me sleep. I have to go to school tomorrow", I turned off the lights and went to bed. Silently crying. I missed her but I didn't want to see her... Why did the happiness have to end so soon?

I woke up to a puffy face. I needed to make it seem like I wasn't crying. I wanted to seem like I wasn't bothered by it. I would ignore her. Hopefully till school was over, which I knew was impossible. What was I going to do? I went to school early, I didn't want Nezuko to ask me about it or try to explain like everyone else. I walked without a single thought. This was like without Kanao. Cold and empty. When I got to school, I silently waiting in my seat. People seemed to notice that the kind and happy Tanjiro was sad. I really wished they wouldn't ask me any questions about it.

"Oh... Tanjiro? What happened. Did you break up with Kanao? She's single?" A guy asked. I stared at my desk. I don't know... Maybe. Gosh, I didn't even feel jealous that someone wanted to ask her out. What was happening?

"Are you free today? We can go to a date... I see you at Flame Café often, wanna go there?" a girl asked. I was too tired and stressed to say anything.

"Could you guys leave? I have to talk to my boyfriend", a similar voice said. Kanao.

"I'm surprised I'm still your boyfriend", I muttered.

"Look. What happened yesterday. It's not-"

"No. You can't just keep saying 'it's not what you think'. Leave me alone", I turned around, getting my stuff from my bag. She stood there for a while, not saying anything. Then she left. I kinda wish she stayed. I didn't exactly know what my plan was. Was I just going to ignore her? I knew I was going to go beat up Yuto but that was the only I had planned. Not exactly beat up... I don't wanna hurt him... But more....... Scare the life out of him so he never does it again. And maybe others can learn from his mistake.

As I sat down for lunch, I caught a few stares.

"I'm eating here because you're my friends. You don't have to talk to me", I muttered. They all looked at me concerned. They continued to talk quietly, probably discussing me. Then, Kanao came and sat next to me.

"Tanjiro just please listen-"

"No."

"Just listen."

"No."

"At least let me talk."

"No."

"If you're not gonna listen I'll just talk and you'll have no choice to"

"No"

"I was going to leave but then-" I moved to the other side, furthest away from her. I continued to eat, ignoring her. The others stared at our fight like they were watching a drama. Kanao sighed and stopped trying, but she didn't give up. The next day, she kept bombarding me with explanations. I always cut her off before she could say more. The information I had from yesterday and Tuesday was that Kanao was going to leave when-... I didn't even try to listen. Today was finally the day I find Yuto. I learnt where he spent his lunch, and I was ready to make him regret ever being the one Kanao cheated with.

"Yuto Yuichi?" I stared at him. He was the same height as me and wasn't as buff, I could easily take him.

"Tanjiro Kamado? Sweetest man on Earth? Are you here to beat me up with compliments?" Him and his friends laughed. I rolled my eyes and quickly grabbed his collar. I glared deep into his eyes.

"You're going to regret ruining me and Kanao's relationship. Since you kissed her, the only body part I'll rip apart will be your lips", I smiled.

"Look, dude. I-... I have a twin brother... It was probably him- Go punch him!" He panicked. I pulled him closer.

"I wasn't the one that ruined your relationship", I lifted him up slightly, still staring.

"Okay, maybe a little. But you have the chance to fix it", I loosened up a bit.

"You're not listening to her explanation, you're the one ruining it", he awkwardly smiled. I realized he was right. I let him go, he fell on the wall then ran away. He was right. I decided to hear her out today, but she didn't even try. I guess she learned to stop... Dammit! I thought I should try talking to her but... Knowing her position she would probably be mad. I went home, regretting not listening to her. Because I didn't want to hear it from others, I told them I would try to listen tomorrow and that they didn't need to try this time. Hopefully she was try tomorrow.

KANAO'S POV:

"Aoi, I'm not giving up. I'll bother him till the day I die. Or till the day he listens, whichever comes first"

"Okay... But if he doesn't listen in a month, I'll make him listen", she stared deep into my eyes. I definitely believed her.

"Talk to him at lunch, you'll have time to talk and if it does work out, you'll have time to reconnect in the bathroom", Nezuko laughed. All I could think about in my classes was how today would workout. We had planned to keep him there and force him to listen but... It seemed a little too harsh to do at school.

"Hey... Kanao? Tanjiro kinda... Threatened and... Scared the living hell outta me yesterday so... I'm here to apologize", Yuto said awkwardly. Damn. That made Tanjiro like 30 times hotter.

"... Sorry for... Everything"

"It's okay... I forgive you"

"Really?"

"Not really, you ruined everything", I left for my next class, I hated him. 

TIME FOR LUNCHHHH

I waited anxiously for Tanjiro. Where was he?

"There he is!" Zenitsu pointed at him walking into the cafeteria.

"TANJIRO! SIT HERE", I pointed at the empty seat next to me. He awkwardly sat down, confused.

"One that day, when I was leaving class, Yuto came up to me to ask me out.  I said no but he kept insisting", I stopped, why wasn't he stopping me?

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You're not gonna stop me?"

"...No?"

"Oh... Well, he kissed me, thinking that it would make me break up with you or cheat on you. Which I would never do. I would never in a million-"

He kissed me.

"I'm sorry for not listening before. I was an idiot. I know you would never cheat. I'm sorry", he smiled then ate his lunch. Uh... What?

"I'm also sorry to everyone. You were just trying to make me listen, I'm sorry if I was rude", everyone else was as confused as I was.

"Oh... So... We're good?"

"Mhm! You want some of my food?" he asked. He was back to his old, kind self. I nodded as he fed me. I missed this so much. Even though we were scolded by teachers for kissing, it was worth it.

"THAT WAS IT, JANGARO AMADO????" Inosuke yelled. We laughed. Everything was back to normal.