44 : rumour

“Eunju, you're so crazy for saying that! I couldn't even think and let her be!”

“She should learn her lesson, Sunghoon. If you stay silent, she thought you still like her.”

Both of them laughed like there will be no tomorrow, especially Sunghoon. He totally didn't expect that from Eunju because he thought she will act nice with Diane. He secretly on Eunju's side because he already sick with Diane delusional behavior.

Yes, Sunghoon used to like her but during that time they were just a bunch of clueless teenagers and Sunghoon just want a crush. Diane rejected him because she likes Jaeyun since high school even after Jaeyun moves to South Korea.

Up until now, Sunghoon knows she will do anything to get Jaeyun back. It's not easy for Jaeyun to love someone else just like how he loves Hyejin. No one could replace her, not even his childhood friends.

Sunghoon sighed, “I don't like her anymore after she rejected me. I still remember what she said and I can't accept it. Am I that naive to be his boyfriend? But then, I slowly moved on and look at me now still survive!”

“Oh, she mentioned about your ex fiance? You don't like her at all?” she asked and Sunghoon just shook his head.

“No, my mom just want me to have some experiences but I told her to stop because she doesn't like me. I don't like her too so it wasn't that hurt when we separated. That was two years ago ” he looks at his side with a soft smile.

Eunju softly nodded and continued licking her strawberry ice cream. Sunghoon also enjoying his ice cream while staring at the bright moon. He smiles and chuckled a little.

“Alright, enough about me. How about you? Tell me about your love story.” he asked but Eunju just awkwardly laughed.

“I never have any experience with boys, romantically. I was childish and immature so I don't have time to think about love. I do find someone is attractive but I don't think I'm suit him well.” she answered while looking at the grass with a pout.

“May I ask, why and what? Why do you think you don't suit him? And what makes you feel that he is not a good man for you?” Sunghoon fixed his position and now he's facing her with one of his arm rested on the bench.

“I don't know and I'm not saying he's not a good man! He is kind and attractive but also funny meanwhile I'm too strict and no-fun person. If we are together, he may will be bored with me because I'm way too serious sometimes.” she explained while Sunghoon stared at her side profile.

How her hair perfectly tucked behind her ear. How her eyes got some sparkles due to the street lights. How she just sitting there looking so beautiful and mesmerizing in Sunghoon's vision. He continues licking his ice cream with a smirk on he lips.

“It is what you think about him.” he paused, “what if I say, he also have a feeling for you and he thinks you're such an awesome yet amazing person?”

“No.”

No, Sunghoon.

You won't think that way.

My past wasn't like what you think.

Eunju shook her head and licked her ice cream. She let out a long sigh with her own thoughts. He will get bored with her and ditch her like everyone did. Sunghoon will do the same like other men and she won't be surprise if it happens.

The next day, Hyejin happily walked into her office with a bright smile on her face. Everyone who she bumped into will awkwardly smiled at her at trying their best to avoid her. Hyejin put her bag on her table and went to the pantry.

When she arrived at the pantry everyone stopped talking and looking at her as if she is new there. Hyejin blinked with a confused expression but she still went to the counter and made a drink.

Hyejin was confused. She could heard people behind her whispering something and she feels their judging stare on her. Trying to calm herself Hyejin quickly finishing what she doing right now and walked out from the pantry. One the workers, Daeun, making sure that Hyejin wasn't there.

“Alright, it's all clear!”

“Gosh, I was surprised!” Dayeon speaks first.

“I almost mention her name just now and thanks God, it didn't slipped out from my mouth!” Hana, a worker from other department speaks.

Jihoon clapped his hands, “look, everyone, what did I used to tell you guys about her? I know something is off between them because Mr Jake never act like this now until she work here.”

“And I used to see them having dinner multiple times but Hyejin seems doesn't want to be there with him. Hmm, I'm so curious!” Eunji added.

Sunhee keeps sipping her coffee while her mind thinking about something. When Hyejin blushing so hard at this pantry, she acted just like someone who is in love and now Sunhee finally sees it.

But deep inside, if the rumour was true, she's rooting for Hyejin and Jaeyun relationship because they look good together. Sunhee doesn't want to join their silly conversation and excused herself.

Meanwhile, Hyejin searching for her phone and trying to call Jaeyun but he didn't pick it up. Hyejin tried multiple times but Jaeyun still didn't answer her call. She need to tell him about this because she afraid other employees will judging him.

After giving up, Hyejin started to do her work. Hoping that today will not be that hard.