46 : comfort and safe

Situation in the office is getting worse day by day. Everyone started to avoid Hyejin as possible as they can. Whenever Hyejin wants to send some files inside of Jaeyun's office, Jihoon will looks at her with some judging stare.

When Hyejin wants to stay at the office for the two hours, she started to hear murmurs around her. So, she decided to not staying and go home along with others. She already alerts with their situation now and seems like everyone already know.

Hyejin stepped inside her house and didn't expect to see someone familiar in her living room. It's Jaeyun, talking something with her dad. When Jaeyun noticed her presents there, he put his hand up with a wide smile.

“Oh, you are home already. Jaeyun is waiting for you since 30 minutes ago!” Mrs Park pulled her arm towards the living room with a bright smile given to Jaeyun.

“Hyejin,” her dad look at her, “go upstairs and take a shower. Join us for dinner with Jaeyun.”

Her eyes averted on Jaeyun and the male just give her a sweet smile but she can't even smiled back. Too exhausted—she has no energy anymore to face anyone right now. Including Jaeyun.

Slowly, she nodded and went upstairs leaving those three people, confused. Jaeyun's smile almost drop but maintaining his happy face because he doesn't want her parents knows anything about what happened at their workplace.

“She looks different lately, don't you think the same honey? She always stay in her bedroom and not talk that much anymore.” Mrs Park finally said it after a few days.

She looks at Jaeyun, “did you two had a fight lately, Jaeyun?” and he quickly shook his head as an answer.

“Maybe, she's too tired. I can guarantee both of you for that.” he added.

During dinner, Hyejin didn't talk that much and she quickly finishing her food then excused herself to the kitchen. While washing her hands, someone put held both of her shoulders makes her stopped for awhile.

She could feels the warm sensation behind her body tells how close Jaeyun with her now. Slowly, Jaeyun squeezed her shoulder not to hard just to make sure Hyejin is comfortable. And yes, he succeeds.

“Something is bothering you. Want to share it with me, hmm?” he asked, hands still massaging her shoulder.

“I want to but my parents will heard about it. How about we have a talk at the pool?” she finally done washing her hands and wiped it with tissues, “sounds good.”

And now here they are, sat next to the swimming pool while admiring the sky. Gladly her parents understand and gave them some space to spend their own time. Hyejin was spacing out looking at the pool water and let out a long sigh.

Jaeyun patiently waiting for her to talk. He tried not to force her to tell him because he already knows about it. Everyone talked about them but it's hit Hyejin the most and he already so many type of bad names and title to Hyejin.

He interwines their hands, slowly scooting near her body so she could feels a little bit comfortable. Hyejin looks up at Jaeyun's eyes and trying to open her mouth. Without realizing, Jaeyun's other hand went to her face and caressed it softly.

“What's the matter, darling?” he asked.

“I want to resign.” she answered.

Jaeyun wasn't expecting that at all. Detached their hands, he pulled her closer until both of them can feel the warmness of their bodies. Hyejin was on her verge of crying but she still holds herself, hands landed on his chest. In a split of second, she already on his lap.

“I hate the environment now! They always act differently whenever I'm in the scene, it's like they are judging me. I'm just want a calm and comfortable day at work but these last few days were worse yet horrible!” she finally confessed her doubts.

“I know, it was horrible.” he said.

“It is wrong for being close with you? They don't own you but why did they acted like I'm doing a crime? They don't know anything but why I felt guilty all the time?  I really hate this Jaeyun!” she said while wiped her tears that fell down on her cheeks.

“Nothing is wrong. They are just clueless.” he replied, “one day, everything will become like usual so don't worry that much.”

Hyejin rested her head on Jaeyun shoulder just to let go all her feeling. The pressure she felt, all her overthinking thoughts. Jaeyun pulled her into a warm hug and rubbed her back up and down just to calm her. Laid on his shoulder makes Hyejin feels a little bit comfortable and safe.

She linked her arms around his neck and look at Jaeyun's face, slightly pouted. Just looking at Jaeyun already makes her feel happy and be in his arms makes Hyejin feel safe. She loves everything Jaeyun has.

His eyes. His nose. His lips. His voice. His smile. His strong arms. Everything.

“I feel safe, Jaeyun.” she whispered with her teary eyes and Jaeyun changed his eyes direction towards Hyejin.

“I'm so glad to make you feel that, sweet girl. Just lay your head on my shoulder, let me listen to your doubts and problems. This time, I won't leave you or ask you to leave me.” he replied with his soft smile.

I love you, Sim Jaeyun.

I want you to know that.

Hyejin closed her eyes, enjoying this moment with Jaeyun. Just two of them and nobody else... Or perhaps, her parents I would say?

“They look so cute! Don't you think, honey?” Mrs Park holding her phone, recording the couple since the last 10 minutes.

“Yes, they are but now let them be. Do not disturb them.” Mr Park pulled his wife towards the living room.

+ 20 votes!
maybe, I will end this story immediately ;)