Teen Idle 15

Teen Idle by MARINA

The April breeze played with my blond curls as my legs guided me towards flowers. My ears were filled with a singing of birds, as I walked through the field with my best friend. She wanted us to go to the lake in a search for snapdragons and freesias. My love for flowers got the best of me, so I agreed to accompany her.

"Look, over there," she mumbled, pointing towards colors in the grass.

"They look lovely," I replied, crunching down to admire the color. Josephine took one freesia and placed it behind my ear.

"Adorable," she replied.

"Thank you," I smiled softly. "Do you ever wonder if people are like flowers?"

"Absurd," the brunette shook her head, picking up some snapdragons. "How can it possibly be relatable?"

"Simple," I contemplated the nature around me. "We are all unique. Some need more water, some need more sun and some prefer to grow on their own on the lonely fields. Regardless, we don't pay attention to some because we already saw plenty of similar flowers and we expect something special."

"You are always so accurate," the girl shook her head, gazing at me. "Why don't you see bigger things?"

"What is so special about something bigger when you miss the small details that make you think more?" I scrunched my face from the sunlight, looking up at my friend, shielding blue eyes with my palm.

"Honestly, I don't know," she shrugged, admiring the bouquet in her hands. "We are still unique with what we carry inside, no matter if we see the tiny details. You are smart and pretty, somewhere is obviously a hidden talent waiting for you to discover it. I am hyperactive and pretty as well, just don't know my talent yet. Time and effort will show us who we really are. Unfortunately, you don't need those details to see the world."

"Well, I don't think so," I shrugged, picking up one peon for myself.

Of course it was normal to disagree with your friend, I was fine with this. She didn't make me doubt my point of view or change my mind. However, I listened to her words and accepted her opinion.

The two twelve-year olds made their way back to the Grey's mansion, carrying some flowers in their tiny hands. The journey stopped, as the girls came up to the garden table. Josephine placed the flowers gently on the table, picking up a cornflower and letting her creativity play with the image of a future bouquet. I sat across from her, playing with a peon in my hands. What flower was I, I questioned myself in my thoughts.

My thoughts were interrupted by an approaching figure.

Blue eyes landed on a red haired woman, who held a plate full of different kinds of fruits.

"What do we have here?" Vanessa asked curiously, spotting us being busy.

"It is going to be a bouquet," Josephine announced, showing the older woman the piece in her hands.

"I am sure it is going to be a lovely bouquet, dear," Vanessa nodded. Her eyes shifted to me, spotting my silent figure deeply in her thoughts. "Victoria, how about your bouquet?"

"I have only one peon," I showed her the purple flower in my hands, not really disappointed that there weren't more.

"It looks beautiful," she nodded with a soft smile.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"I will bring you girls vases for these," Vanessa informed us, before disappearing back inside.