Chapter 4

Chapter 4

-

For the next couple of weeks the trio started hanging out more and more — often leaving Teresa with Newt's little sister, Sonya. They would often hang out, play sports or just play video games. Whatever they did, they had fun.

And as the days passed, Thomas got more and more comfortable with them, he often shared his secrets with them and they did the same. Turns out, Newts deadly afraid of spiders — he remembered cackeling like a maniac when he revealed it.

And Minho knows a butt load of recipes — which for Thomas was a huge surprise. How could a buff guy like him know how to cook? Minhos excuse was that he had take care of his mom — who was sick most of the time and his father never had time to take care of her — so, he had to learn to cook.

At the time he joked about it — saying stuff like he'll come and rescue Newt if he encountered a spider — but he knew that he had a deep admiration for both the boys. Especially Minho. Cooking isn't an easy task to do — he should know, he's created enough disasters to know to stay away from the kitchen.

Even though he's been feeling weird any time he's close to either boys, it didn't stop him from having fun with them. It made him feel much better after all tge chaos happening in his life. His mom getting a new job and therefore not having enough time to take care of herself nor her kids. His sister getting busy in her own shenanigans — weather it be hanging out with Sonya or just decorating her room (an active passion of hers.)

He'd often find himself bored and alone. Mainly because both Minho and Newt were off to high school or were busy doing something else. So, in the first week of being in the new town, he begged his mom to let him go to the same school as his two new friends. Luckily, she agreed and told him that he'd start on Monday of next week.

And now he couldn't sleep.

It was the night before school, and most kids would be asleep before they even hot the pillow, longing for the day to never come. But, not Thomas. Be wanted to go to school. Willed it with his whole body that he'd sleep — but, to no avail.

He waited and waited for sleep to take him into its murky grasps — knocking him out for the night. But, no matter how much he wanted to sleep, it wouldn't work — the excitement pulsing through his body was too much to lull him to sleep. He was too electric to finally attend school. He wanted to see the surprise on their faces as he hadn't told them that he'd be attending the same school as them.

He was ecstatic to find out what their reaction would be.

Finally the pull of sleep got too heavy and he let his drifting eyelids fall.

-

The annoying beep of his alarm clock woke him up. He would've smashed the thing if he hadn't remembered why he set it in the first place. High school. Newt and Minho. He got up excitedly and quickly readied for school.
He made sure to get up earlier than the two boys so he'd be the one to greet them at school.

He picked out his favorite clothes and rushed to take a shower. Then, ran downstairs — almost tripping twice — and ate his breakfast as fast as possible.

"You're up early" this came from Teresa who was already up and was making both hers and his breakfast. He sat on the stool tucked into the island in the kitchen. "Yep! I bearly slept last night — I was way too excited to get any sleep" he said excitement pulsing through his voice. His sister snickered at him and handed him his breakfast — shaking her head at how needy for friends he is.

He gobbeled up the breakfast and headed out the door — bolted towards the school.

Although he was a bit turned around he quickly gathered his bearings and started running towards the campus. He reached it in no time and leaned against the chain fence — waiting for his friends.

And now it was part of the most agonizing part of his plan — the waiting. He dreaded each and every second of it. He felt like every second was passing by incredibly slowly. Thomas was never patient and he knew it. He remembered the time he stayed awake the entire night on Christmas Eve. The second he opened his first present he was out cold, sleeping through the Christmas.

He laughed to himself as he remembered the sadness in his eyes when he found out.

After a long and agonizing wait he finally spot the two boys walking in the distance. He smiled widely and waved at them. Minho spotted him first and started to jog over to him. As he came closer he saw that he was looking as supprised and happy as he imagined him to.

"Heyy" Thomas said, stretching out his greeting to sound more friendly. "Thomas- wha- what're you doing here?" He said with an obvious mixture of happiness and confusion.

"What? Can't handle a surprise?" He teased the older Asian. Now Newt was here, his face carried the same amount of confusion and happiness as Minho. "What're you on about Tommy? Why're you here?" The blonde spoke, panting heavily as he leaned on Minhos shoulder.

Minho looked at the boy, his eyebrows raised as he said " seriously? Can't the little baby run a single foot anymore?" Newt glared at him, then stomped on his foot, keeping eye contact as he helped in pain. "That'll teach you to use the imperial system." I laughed at them as they kept bickering about what system is better.

"Alright alright, that's enough, we're getting late for class" Thomas spoke after seeing the two boys mock each other for about five minutes. (Aka five minewts.)

They then walked towards the lockers inside the school, the boys pointing out every important detail almost as if Thomas had never been in a school.
Soon they had to split up, each of them goin to seperate classes. Newt had told him that they'd meet in 4th period, and even if it seemed like a short wait for everyone else, to Thomas it felt like an eternity. The wait had already decimated him thrice that day, it seemed that life had other plans for him. (Guess lifes a bitch 🤷‍♀️)

-