Kill the Stronghold

The matter of Zank's imperial arm had been settled. As the gathered members of Night Raid began to relax Tatsumi had more questions for Najenda.

"Hey, do you know which Imperial Arm is the strongest?" He wondered curiously.

"That depends on usage and compatibility," Najenda replied. "However, if I had to choose one... The Imperial Arm that controls ice." 

With those words, Najenda's eyes narrowed and her voice similarly darkened. She crossed her arms and her prosthetic hand came up to cover her right eye as if to block out terrible memories that had been dredged up.

"Fortunately, its user isn't in the capital," She continued. "They're busy conquering the northern race."

Razor cocked his head. He did want to learn about any other major conflicts going on in this world.

"Northern race?" He asked.

"The prince of the northern race, Numa Seika, is also known as the hero of the north because, with his spear, he has never lost a battle. They are using their most fortified city as a base to build up forces. The northern race is plotting to invade the capital."

"Well, that's good news then. Looks like the resistance has another potential ally to aid in taking down the emperor." Razor nodded.

However, none of the other members of Night Raid seemed as enthused. 

"That would be true, however, the capital has arranged for the north's conquest." Her dark tone tempered Razor's enthusiasm as well.

"There's no need to worry," Lubbock reassured. "Even if it's that woman, conquering the north will take at least a year." 

"Who is 'that woman'?" Razor asked.

"The Woman the capital is sending to conquer the north is Esdeath. She is a formidable force, a tempest of raw strength and chilling mastery over the element of ice. She is also a sadistic woman who enjoys torturing her enemies."

Razor stood for a moment, deep in thought. Everyone stared at him in confusion.

"Razor?-"

"Can someone get me a map of this continent?"  Razor blurted out.

"Akame, grab me a map from my office," Najenda told Akame as she fixed an analyzing gaze on Razor.

Akame nodded and dashed out of the room. 

"What are you thinking Razor?" Najenda raised an eyebrow.

"The northern race's army would be a massive aid to the resistance right?"

"Yes their added strength would be adequate to allow the resistance to move forward with a rebellion." Najenda nodded.

"Well lucky for you, as a pilot, my purpose is to be the deciding factor in any battle I participate in. Where I come from, the skills of pilots win wars more than any weapon of mass destruction or any number of grunts. Let me go to the north and help their army."

Razor could feel the heat building in his chest. The heat that he had learned to embrace as his friend. The exhilaration of a coming battle.

"You what??" Lubbock cried out. "Are you insane? How could one man change the course of an entire conquest by himself?"

"The rookie is awfully keen on getting himself killed, huh." Mine huffed and rolled her eyes.

"No. You're wrong. He isn't just one man. He has a partner and not only that, you've seen his skills and his weapons firsthand. He is at least as strong as the best of us." Razor had earned Bulat's vote of confidence.