Kill the Arc

As Data and Razor raced towards the hangar they passed IMC troops in chaos. Men were running for escape pods or ships with very few putting up any resistance to the militia titan as it passed. Finally, they had reached the massive hangar doors. 

"Pilot, I suggest you disembark to access the door controls."

The hatch opened and Razor jumped down, brandishing his autopistol just in case any enemies were still around and ran into the control room for the doors. He tried the unlock but it returned an error.

"Data, the doors are jammed."

"Copy that pilot. I will open them."

Razor walked back out of the room and Data lifted him back into the cockpit. Data armed his acolyte pod and fired a missile at the door. With a deafening explosion, the door was blown away, revealing a destroyed widow dropship that had been pushed out of the way by the explosion.

"So that was what was jamming the doors," Razor said.

The hangar was a complete mess, destroyed, titans, dropships and spectres were everywhere.

"Data, can you spot a working dropship in here?"

"Scanning... negative, Pilot."

"Shit."

"Simulating alternatives... Pilot, our altitude is currently 1500 meters and falling. I suggest a titanfall from this carrier to ground."

"Titanfall?" Razor looked out at the canyon walls as the cliffs past by in a blur, "Will the arc make the drop?"

"This scenario has a high probability of success."

"I guess we don't have a better option. Let's do it."

With a consensus reached, Razor simply piloted his titan to the roof and then jumped. 

"Titanfall protocols activated. Prioritizing pilot safety and Arc integrity."

Razor could never fully get used to the feeling of being in a titan during a drop. He could not stop his stomach from retreating up into his throat and it would probably never get any easier, but it was at least tolerable.

Razor didn't hear the explosion as much as he felt it. He felt the titan be violently thrown sideways as he looked up to see the burning wreckage of the Draconis falling from the sky. 

And then, he looked down.

"Warning, we are approaching an enemy fortification."

"...yeah I can see that."

Razor felt the color drain from his face as he watched the anti-air cannon swing around towards him.

"Can we block it?" 

"Negative, the projectile's diameter is too large to deflect without sustaining critical damage to the arc."

"Well, I guess this is it," Razor said as the AA cannon opened fire.

"It was an honor to serve with you."

_____________

Sarah Briggs watched as the IMS Draconis exploded and almost exclaimed.

She was about to ask a subordinate about Pilot Wilson's signature but she realized that she'd seen a glint fall away right before the Draconis ceased to be. Quickly she grabbed a rangefinder from the spotter behind her and focused on the speck.

"It's him."

Feeling a small sigh of relief she looked down to where he would land and she felt her relief disappear, replaced by dread. 

there, below the militia's sole hope of protecting their homeworld was falling towards an enemy base. and even worse, she saw a movement of the anti-air cannons. Wilson was being targeted.

She tried to radio the titan and pilot but she was too late. Before she could even get on the receiver a black sphere engulfed the titan. the dark mass expanding until it had engulfed the main structure of the base and then in a blinding flash, everything it had touched had disappeared, leaving a perfect crater.

Briggs sat back and sighed. What would she tell Joan?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kinda misproportioned the first two chapters but it's fine haha XD

3rd and 4th chapters will be at least 1500 words and spaced out properly so don't worry!