Chapter 5

"Where have you been for these two weeks?" Selina asked me as sat down next to her. We are partners in chemistry.

     "Sick." I respond.

     "For two weeks?" She questioned.

     "Yeah, I had the flu. So, what did you guys do?"

     "I don't know, mixed some chemicals?"

     I chuckle. "We always do that."

     "Alright class," our teacher summoned the class. "welcome back Kara, let's get out our text books and go to chapter twenty seven. If we have time, we can start our project." The whole class groans. Our teacher sighs. We start reading. She does the stupid 'popcorn' reading again. She goes around calling on people. She eventually calls on me. Bitch, I can't read out loud, you know that. I don't even know where we are. "Your turn to read, Kara." She looks at me. The whole class turns to me. This isn't the first time she called on me.

     "Uh..." Selina points to where we are reading. "Thank you." I whisper to her. I sigh. I try my best to read. It's only a small paragraph, but it was really hard. I don't understand why she called on me, but whatever.

     The class finally ended. I try to leave, but my teacher calls for me. "Kara come here please." I walk over to her desk. She turns to me.  "So, I know you missed a lot of school so I'm going to excuse you for this weeks quiz. Also, I have been thinking of assigning you a tutor. There are seniors that are interested in going into the education field, tutors their fellow students for experience. I can give you some emails. How does that sound?"

     "I don't know about that. Look, I know my grades suck but I don't care enough nor have the time. But thanks, I, um, appreciate the concern." I say goodbye and head to the cafeteria. It's been a while since I seen my friends. I only saw Diana when she came to visit me. My hand has healed and my side was doing better. I enter the cafeteria, I see my friends at our usual table. They notice me and wave. I walk over and it down next to Barbra.

     "EEEE! Kara!" She grabs onto me, while screeching. "We missed you!"

     "Babs, give you some space." Jessica pulled her off me.

     "How are you doing, Kara?" Zee asked.

     "Better. My hand is good."

     "That's very good, sister." Diana smiles.

     "How was coming back to class?" Karen asked.

     "It was, ok, I guess."

     "If you need help with anything, just let me know." Karen lookes at me.

     I smile at her. We eat our lunch, and talk a bit. The bell eventually rings and we go to our classes. The day was pretty normal, teachers complaining, reading, more reading.

     The school day ended, as per usual. I walk out of the building. I start to walk down the stairs, I hear someone call my name. "Kara!" I turn to see who it is. It is Selina. "Hey Kara, can I walk with you?" I nod. Selina and I aren't friends, more acquaintances. My friends didn't really like her nor her friend group, other than Barbra about Harleen. She meets my side and starts to walk with me. She just stares at me.

     "What?"

     "I just wanted to see how you were."

     "And you care, why?"

     "I don't know, I just wanted to see if you tried to kill yourself or something."

     I turn to her. "What?"

     "Leslie said that you were suicidal."

     "No, why would you believe anything that girl says?"

     "I was just wondering...so, you did have the flu?"

     "To be honest, no. I was um...injured."

     "Where?"

     "My hand. I kind of broke it."

     "You took 2 weeks off of school, because you broke your hand?"

     "Yep, well, I guess I was kind of sick too but not really."

     "So you're going to kill yourself?"

     "No, I'm not. Why do you care so much?"

     "Because I don't like it when people die."

     "Well thanks for your concern." We eventually went our own ways, and I continue to walk home. I unlock the door, no one is home. I walk into the house and take my shoes off. I walk to the kitchen and go up the stairs. I go to my room. I slump onto my mattress. I lay there, heavy. I'm sick and tired. I want  to die. I don't want  to be here. I'm tired. I'm really, really tired.

Trigger warning: self harm

     I unzip my pillow, and grab the knife. I sit up. I relax my skin, I normally wouldn't be able to cut my self. If I relax my skin enough, I can hurt myself just as well as a human. I put the knife to my arm, I dig in. I slowly glide the blade, not stopping until the knife was completely off my skin. I watch my blood pour from my wound. It's nice, to feel something. I don't want to be heavy. I just want to feel something...

Authors Note ~ I had no idea what to write for this chapter so I just wrote something random (also these chapter's word counts just get shorter and shorter lol)