Rule #2

Rule #2: Don't push your older brother/parental figure's buttons. It's not worth it.

Error stepped towards his brother, managing to stammer out, "Geno- it's not what it looks like-"

Geno shot Error a look, folding his arms across his chest to add to his disappointed demeanor, "Not what it looks like? Error, you're going to have to try a little harder if you want that lie to be believable."

Error paused, not knowing what he could possibly say next to hopefully get Geno off his case. Geno took his silence as a moment to continue on, "I thought we agreed you would put the vigilante stuff behind you. What were you even thinking!? Do you know how reckless you're being!?"

Error shot a glare towards Geno, taking a step back to put more space between them. He noticed the hurt look that swept across his brother's face at the sudden action. It was continuous moments like these that reminded the both of them how strained their kinship had become.

It was as if they had to walk on eggshells around each other. Any wrong move could break what fragile tranquility remained between them. In recent times, it seemed that there was nothing either of them could do to solve this issue. They simply expected too much from each other.

Error's eyes darted around the room, attempting to find a distraction. He couldn't find it within himself to look Geno in the eye, it made lying harder. Geno always had such a particular look on his face when he lectured Error, like there were a million regrets flowing through his mind. It made Error feel so guilty, which in turn fueled his anger.

Geno ended up letting out a long, aggravated sigh. As if he were attempting to keep himself calm, in order to ensure he wouldn't say something he'd regret. He looked at Error, speaking in a softer tone, "What do you think would have happened if the heroes saw you? Do you really think they'd just let you walk away?"

Error almost made the mistake of laughing, because that's exactly what had happened earlier. Of course, he wasn't going to say that out loud. Not only would it infuriate Geno more, but he knew that he only got out of that situation through sheer dumb luck. It would be egotistical to boast about being let go by the simple grace a hero decided to bestow upon him.

Instead, he shot back, "I'm sure getting caught would've made you happy, wouldn't it? You'd finally see your precious heroes succeed."

A pained look shot across Geno's face, before he subconsciously replaced it with a cold glare. Error noticed how he started to mess with his ring, a habit Geno usually turned to when a situation was becoming too much for him to handle. The priceless object provided just enough comfort for him to rely on it in that type of way.

Geno averted his eyes to the floor as he mumbled back, obviously trying to make it seem like Error's words hadn't upset him that much, "At the expense of you? Don't be stupid. Just because I work for them doesn't mean I care about them any more than you do."

Error scoffed, "You have a very funny way of showing it."

Geno's glare returned, not appreciating the subtle malice that hung on Error's words. He took in a deep breath as he turned away from Error, opening the bedroom door in the process.

Error cracked a grin, a little proud of himself for upsetting Geno so much that he was leaving instead of staying to lecture his attitude more. This rarely ever happened, which made Error even more thrilled. He was always delighted when he got to knock his older brother off his high horse.