episode 14

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈

𝟑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑.

"𝑨 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓, 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒖𝒕

"𝑨 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓, 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒖𝒕. 𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓, 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒋𝒂𝒓 𝑰 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒍."

Nighttime approached quicker than the 4 friends could gather as they crept through the darkness, like shadows.

The group were beyond exhausted, they took turns driving and the journey was long.

Milani drove along the dark road, the head lights on their vehicle flashing as the sounds of snoring went through her ears.

Her thoughts being full of everything negative.

In a span of a month, a summer that was supposed to be positive and sweet turned ungodly sour.

She discovered she was apart of a supernatural myth, she reconnected with friends, she met a guy, her friend was kidnapped, she was almost taken advantage of, she met her father and couldn't even forgive him before he died.

Oh and best of all.

Misharron was loose, armed and dangerous.

She knew that prediction at the hotel was going to come back and bite her in the ass.

She pressed the gas, the wheels of the van rolling faster as she tried to speed up the 2 hour trip ahead of her.

Mulberry Grove was the name of the land, the house stories high as the black van blended in with the darkness.

Everyone was by now awake and on high alert, Indianna grounded herself, standing outside the van as she tried to listen for heartbeats.

"There's.. 2 on the main floor, 10 on the second, 20 on the last and 2 in the basement." She said as the group nodded, assigning floors.

Milani removed the necklace from around neck which she took back after the Adonis incident and put it into her back pocket.

The group walked inside the building, the two guards standing watch held up there guns as milani put her hand out as if indicating they stop.

"Save me the trouble.. Let us through." She commanded, the sirenic poison of her voice making them obey as they stepped into the elevator.

She poked her head out, "shoot yourselves in the head."

She tucked her head back into the elevator as the doors closed and two gunshots rang out.

She smiled in content, the smile didn't consist of joy.. But of relief, she was finally going to save her friends.

"Do you think Misharron with be here too?" Derrick asked Indianna as she shrugged.

"She better be. Hate that bitch." Indianna said as milani agreed.

Thinking back on it, she probably should've dealt with Misharron when she first saw that premonition.

Arriving to the only floor the elevator they rested in was on they readied themselves.

The doors dinged and opened as they came face to face with guns in their face as Milani yawned.

A loud shriek emitted from her mouth as the friend group covered their ears in advance, the sound echoing off the walls as the guards dropped their weapons as it felt like someone was pumping air into their heads.

Brains, blood, and debris decorated the room as Milani stopped shrieking, her iris's turning a shade of white as she stepped over bodies that missed heads.

Derrick shuddered as Indianna controlled her blood lust.

"Damn I probably should've saved that shriek for the last level." Milani blew out a breath of exhaustion.

Pushing through the dead bodies they arrived at the next elevator, clicking the next button, Milani felt in her bag for something.

Passing the full blood bag to Indianna she looked at her confused.

"While I was driving I took a pit stop at a nearby hospital." Indianna smiled and thanked her friend as she drained the bag.

It was like the next scene went by In a flash.

Indianna had drained everyone in the second floor as Derrick stood there shaking his head.

"Y'all niggas is some grade A killers. Not me tho." He said as he walked out of the elevator and the rest of them followed as they trailed down the long flight of stairs as they approached the basement doors.

A foul odor invaded their noises as milani's heart dropped.

Pushing the doors open there stood two guards.

"The two heartbeats.." Indianna's voice cracked as they stared at the two guards and then at Jaquan and Romari who's necks were slit as their bodies slowly rotted.

Milani's breathing got fast as Derrick killed the two guards by mauling them.

The carving into her arm.

Only people on the brink of death can visit a living person in different locations.

A loud sob broke the sound barrier as she dropped to her knees, her tears lubricating the gray floors as she saw the bodies, one of a friend, and one who risked his life to protect her.

What was she to say to her grandmother? Her home?

What was she to say to Romaris mother? His girlfriend?

Dayvon held her in his arms as she let out gut wrenching sobs that echoed throughout the room.

Indianna ran back into the room after checking throughout the warehouse.

"Asians not here."

And they still had so much to do.

-------------

𝐑𝐈𝐏 𝐉𝐀𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐍
𝐑𝐈𝐏 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈