Prologue: Death, Rebirth And The BETA

In amidst of a dogfight, a JSDF fighter pilot named Archni Arch. A sole survivor of his squadron hold against his own till reinforcements arrived. In so he did, which he downed many aircraft reaching up to 23, but he was strucked by a missile when backup came. "I'm hit! I lost control and losing altitude!"

"Eject, eject! Now!" Archni heard his fellow airman as he do what he was told, but when he pull the ejection handles nothing happened. He tried again, and knows it's no use.

Archni: It's not working! I'm sorry... This is it. Goodbye, banzai!

Archni made a battle cry from saying that word as he grip control of his flight stick, which then a random enemy aircraft got caught in Archni's direction, resulting collision and to his death.

Soon later Archni woke up panting to realize it was just a nightmare. In the next morning, he gets up to see a bedroom he's in that isn't familiar to him. Which Archni took a look around to find out where he's at. He found information in the rooms he's in that his name is there.

With his confusion he looks at a calendar, that it shows the month and year to be August 16th, 1998

With his confusion he looks at a calendar, that it shows the month and year to be August 16th, 1998. "Did, I time travelled or something?" Archni dresses up and stepped outside of the room as he's in a living of a house, he assumes to be his. Then he hears and look at a news broadcast on TV saying in English, covering world news.

"As to our next report, The Imperial capital of Japan ;Kyoto has fell by the BETA." Archni was in confusion at first and then realize the last word the news broadcast said, in so he's in the world of Muv Luv Alternative. Total eclipse to be in fact, after Archni found out more information, which involves his family. That he's in someone else's place, of Yuuya Bridges.

Of what Archni knows about Muv Luv Alternative. The BETA. An alien race that was discovered on Mars by mankind, in the year 1967. On year 1973, first contact was made on the lunar moon and war was waged, as the sole purpose to the aliens is the eradication of humanity. With the battle on the moon failed, the BETA invaded Earth by planetfall and left billions dead, with the Eurasian continent in ruins.

Conventional weapons were ineffective against their laser-class weaponry, resulting humanity in creating giant fighting suits called Tactical Surface Fighters (TSF) to combat them.

As Archni ponders, he knew one person who experienced the fall of Kyoto. 3 years passed for Archni and in his role, he joined the US. Air Force. Later on May 2nd, he was under transfer orders to be assigned at Yukon base in Alaska to test pilot TSFs being made there.

During on a transport ride in the air. Archni was sitting with a blonde haired man who's his assigned mechanic. "Hey, look at that! The Yukon river! Heh, what trails will the goddess of Alaska bestow on us? Ensign Arch?"