Chapter 4: Frontlines Weapon Laser Testing

After being on the Caribbean for some time, the members of Argos and Idar were being transferred and arrived to Petropavlosk–Kamchatsky by boat as they're about to dock soon. Shortly after the ship's intercom had made it's announcement.

Archni's mind: Here we are at Soviet territory, to test a experimental weapon on the frontlines taking place here in the far east.

Tarisa: Gotta say, it's in pretty good shape for something on the frontlines.

"What's that mountain? It's huge." Valerio asks while he was freezing from the cold air, as Stella answers his question.

Stella: Avachinsky, I think it's called.

Valerio: I can't believe they dragged us all the way from the sunny Caribbean to Kamchatka.

Stella: We don't have a choice. It's part of our job as test pilots to get data in all kinds environmental conditions.

Valerio: That's not it. I've got much more important things to worry about.

Stella: Such as?

Archni: The cold?

Valerio: Yes that. But, but how will I see Princess Yui in her bathing suit again here in this outside cold?!

Valerio had to be dramatically complain about it, as the two women near him had to go through with, Tarisa sighs at him and yells at Valerio to take a dive in the cold water for his complaining. Archni thought back on the time at the Caribbean, which it was a good experience to have.

Until he focus back in the present and Tarisa comes up to him. "What's wrong, Archni?" She asks Archni with a sassy expression on her face, which he respond back. "Nothing. Just thinking of what are we going to test here for?"

Suddenly an air raid siren sound off in the distance, as it was heard bringing everyone's attention on the boat. "An enemy attack?" Valerio questioned of what was going on.

Stella: Not by the looks of it. Look up.

Stella points to where her finger is leading to, of formation lights in the distance cloudy sky. Where two TSF are to be determined by assumption.

Valerio: That's a... Cheburashka? No, an Aligatori?

"One of them's in trouble!" Tarisa says as they got a clear look when it came in view. Which it is losing altitude very quickly, and a explosion then happened to its back. "He gotta bail out now!" Archni says as a second later the TSF crashed into the ground, resulting him to follow up say.

Archni: Ah... too late.

Stella: Looks like he couldn't.

Valerio: The frame must've gotten bent in melee combat or something.

Stella: It happens a lot.

Archni's mind: I should implement a new method for the ejection system to work rather than the back, maybe have the head be ejected off then the pilot? Yeah, that can work for TSF mode given that fighter mode is just simple by default but I could make the entire cockpit be jettisoned as a life pod. I'll have the X-02 be tested for it, if I got the possibility of being shot down or disabled.

Tarisa: Can you feel it, Archni?

"Huh?" Archni was brought out of his thoughts of what he didn't heard Tarisa said at first, she continued on as she think he's listening. "This is how the air feels on the battlefield." Once docked everyone depart off from the ship as their TSFs were being unloaded, Cryska and Inia watched Archni as he come to check with Vincent. "Going well,with the unloading?"

Vincent: Hey, it's going good. How about you?

Archni: Eh, don't got much to unpack. Just brought the flight suit and sidearm.