Chapter 2: To Be As One With The Craft

Archni was flying the X-02 through a underground cave to test it's speed performance while in fighter mode. As the system warnings inside the TSF were sounding off nosies from Ace combat, that Archni implemented alongside having the missile beeping alert were added in too, for incoming laser fire from laser class BETAS.

With the alerts blaring onto his ears, Archni looks at his HUD seeing of the aircraft's status. "It's fine. Just some overload, the wings can endure. As long that they don't break." Archni reduce speed to make a turn as he increase his speed, navigating through the cave. But he feels more turbulence from the overload that were about to rip aircraft's wings apart.

Archni: The maneuverability is good, but feels a little sluggish, the airframe and controls should be tuned up after this. Either way more better than the Type 97!

Archni passed through a checkpoint giving him a good score, once he heard it over on the comms as the flight performance test is being monitored. He then switches to TSF mode to climb altitude and fought some virtual BETAS when Archni saw then.
"C'mon, c'mon, come on!"

Archni puts his TSF in full throttle to increase the thrust on to climb as he gave a yell, when reaching for the exit being the finish line. After the test was over and Archni back in the hanger, he coughs while gasping for air when exiting out of his TSF.

Archni: Fuck! Are these fortified suits not built for High Gs?!

"Hey, are you okay man?" Vincent says as he checks on Archni, in which he responds back to him. "Yeah. I'm fine, never been better."

Vincent: Jeez. Turning off the pilot functions off? Are you nuts? I mean, there's no rule against it, but...

Archni: Well, I need it off to fully fly it. Surprised that it was set on by default. But hey, turning it off means I don't have to be handicapped. Saved me 0.25 seconds though.

"Ensign Arch." Yui's voice was heard that it brought the two male's attention to her, as she walk towards to them where they then salute. "Is there anything you'd like to say?"

Archni: Well, where to start. The maneuverability is way better than the type 97, while the controls can be worked on to not have lag feedback to another pilot's hands controlling it. Not only that, the frame of this thing is not stable on fighter mode, but the armor is strong enough to withstand lasers and a whole lot attacks from close combat enemy classes.
For, what I can say it's ain't a piece of crap.

Vincent: Seriously? You're such a critic.

Yui: Indeed. This thing was created with emphasis on enhancing its combat capability at all cost. As it was based on other TSF characteristics to create it. This makes this thing extremely difficult for to pilot, alongside of you making more challenging to operate with a aircraft mode. Either way, it requires a combination of a delicate touch and a bold spirit, as well as exceptional piloting skills.

Yui sighs as she then gives a follow up. "Perhaps it's too much for an American soldier like you." Archni finally ticked off of what she said, as he argued back with her. "Bullcrap! I've only spent eighteen hours in it so far. 32 counting simulations! Not only that, I flew it as of no ordinary TSF pilot could on the fighter mode!"

Archni: I'll be ready by the time it gets into trails. No matter how defective it is.

Vincent seeing and doesn't get it with those two, as the scene switched to Archni doing a performance test in the air. Shooting paintballs at airborne drones and missing his shots, while in TSF mode.
"Oh c'mon! They're just drones! What am I doing?I'm good at firing and leading my targets. Is it that I'm bad with it on TSF mode, while being in high altitude?"