A change of heart? 5

Sonics POV

    He's keeping me up all night.. Shadow... He's different in a way. He being nice all the sudden. It's bothering me. And I can't do anything about can I? I don't even know why I'm getting so worked up by it, all he did was pat me on the shoulder.. I covered up with my blanket and tried to go to sleep.

Knuckles POV:

   I can't have feelings for her, I've only just started to talk to her a few days ago. I just need to rest. Maybe it's just a short feeling, nothing special. I sat up against the emerald and eventually dozed off.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Knuckie~" Rouge said. Knuckles slowly opened his eyes

"AHH wha- what are you doing?" Knuckles stood up. 

"I came to see you... And the emerald...."

"You're not touching the emerald Rouge " I said getting up.

"hmh sure, whatever... So what have you been up to? "Rouge said with a smile

"You woke me up and now your starting a conversation?" Knuckles said rolling his eyes.

"Yea?oh come on Knuckles we can have a conversation, ya know like we did before?"

"Ugh fine... I've been up to nothing because SOMEONE woke me up!" Knuckles said.

They continued talking for about two hours.

"Please? I'm not gonna take it." Rouge asked.

  Knuckles rolled his eyes. "Fine. BUT don't try anything bat. " Knuckles said glaring at her.

Rouge  shrugged and flew onto the top of the emerald.

" I won't.... Come up here knuckles."

Rouge put her hand out to help knuckles get up there even though he didn't need the help.

" you know It's really pretty." Rouge said.

"Yea." Knuckles said looking out on the island.

"The view is even better from the air you know?" Rouge said.

"I know." Knuckles said. Rouge turned.

" Wait how do you even manage to get on the island if it's in the air?"  Rouge asked. 

"Heh, watch this." Knuckles got off the emerald and went to the cliff.

"Knuckles?" Rouge said, her tone in her voice sounded worrying. 

Knuckles turned towards her and then fell back laughing.

"Knuckles?!" Rouge flew down but she didn't see him.

"Oh my God Knuckles!"

"What?" Knuckles appeared right beside her.

"Wha- what? You can fly?"

"More like gliding. Come on" Rouge flew next to Knuckles.

"How?" Rouge said .

"I don't know actually. But it's fun." Rouge looked as knuckles was in the air.

The flew around for a bit, "What you said earlier about the view... It's pretty nice, especially at sunset." Knuckles said.

Before Rouge could say Knuckles interrupted. 

"Well I better get back to the island." Knuckles left.

" oh... bye Knuckles" Rouge.

"Bye rouge!" Knuckles yelled. Waving goodbye.

-Meanwhile Sonic went to Shadows.

  "Shad's?" Sonic asked knocking at the door. Shadow opened the door.

"Sonic? What are you doing here?"

"Uh can I talk to you?" Sonic asked. Shadow looked him up and down then rolled his eyes.

  "Fine ." Shadow groaned letting  him in the house, Shadow went to the couch and Sonic set with him. 

"So yesterday-" Sonic began to say, but before he could finish Shadow started talking.

"Is this about me patting you on the shoulder?" Shadow said. Talking in a fast pace. .

Sonic shook his head.

"(Sighs), of course it is..." he mumbled.

"Me and Rouge got into an argument that day and it made me realize that I shouldn't be such an ass to you-or anyone at the matter."

Shadow said. "oh.." Sonic got up.

"Wait." Shadow grabbed Sonics hand.

"Im assuming it we're gonna be friends I have to get to know you right?"

Sonic smiled "Well I guess so."

Sonic sat back  down and they  talked until it got dark.

"Well I gotta get going, it was nice talking to you though Bye!" Sonic said  walking out the door waving goodbye.

Shadow gave a small head nod. And then went to his room.

Shadows POV:

He's not so bad. Is he still annoying yes, yes he is. But I can get use to it..