Chapter 6

College time

Three years had passed, and the final year of college was about to begin. Fortunately, Rohan's elder brother's wedding had taken place just a few days before the new semester started.

It had been a wedding trip of more than a week, all the way to Thailand. Everyone was enjoying and relaxing, visiting new places, playing on beaches, and having fun during the wedding functions.

Rohan spent his time either chilling with Abhi and his friends or hanging out with Tanya and the other girls. It seemed like he had completely forgotten that Shanya was also there.

Four days had gone by, and Shanya, bothered by Rohan's behavior, went to where he was getting a massage from Tanya. Rohan noticed Shanya's presence and asked,

Rohan: "What's the plan?"

Shanya: "Nothing much... She's pressing your back. Can I massage your neck too? Since you seem to enjoy massages so much."

Tanya: "Rohan is very stressed. I'm just helping him relax."

Shanaya: "Oh, So then why don't you open a counter? All the Bangkok boys can come to you to relax their tension."

Rohan (frustrated): "You're going too far. Why do you need to be so insecure? I'm just hanging out with friends. What am I doing wrong? What's the problem?"

Shanaya: "Nothing, Rohan... Nothing..."

Shanya walked away from there, and Abhi had witnessed their exchange. He approached Shanaya, who was sitting by the side of the beach, visibly upset. When Shanya saw Abhi approaching, she remarked,

Shanaya: "Typical Rohan, couldn't come himself, so he sent his lackey to wipe my tears..."

Abhi: "I'm nobody's lackey, and I didn't come here to wipe your tears. Your nose is running. It's not your style. Now that I'm here, are you going to share your sad story, or are we just going to waste time?"

Shanaya: "I'm so tired of Rohan. I've known him for so many years, been his girlfriend for four years, and for the past two years, I've felt like all of this is a huge mistake."

Abhi: "So why don't you break up with him?"

Shanaya: "I don't like ending relationships."

Abhi: "Then do something. Guide him back onto the right path."

Shanya: "How?"

Abhi: "By taking a different approach, maybe?"

Shanya thought for a moment and then left with a smile. Abhi cared a lot about Rohan and didn't want any problems between them. He was only there to help. However, he had no idea about Shanya's plans for the future.

That same night was the sangeet function, and everyone was having a great time. Then, Shanya made her entry with her gang, and the dance performance began. It was the first time Rohan had seen Shanya dancing, especially in a traditional outfit and to a classical Hindi song. He was surprised. Everyone was enjoying the dance, and after a while, Rohan joined Shanya to dance together.

However, Shanya wasn't paying any attention to Rohan. Instead, she pushed Abhi to dance with her. Everyone was having a great time, except Rohan. Seeing Shanya dance so happily with Abhi made him uncomfortable. It wasn't that he was insecure about Shanya or didn't trust her, but her constant attention towards Abhi was making him uneasy. Abhi was also dancing happily with Shanya, which added to Rohan's discomfort. Tanya tried several times to get Rohan's attention and dance with him, but he was unable to take his eyes off Abhi and Shanya.