Chapter 1

Late at night, a phone call that shook everyone prompted the old students to return to a place they hadn't visited in a decade. Dean, who had been battling cancer for the last two years, was now on the verge of passing away. He yearned to reunite with the batch of 2013, the final students he had served before his retirement.

Amidst this poignant situation, Shanaya and her husband were driving towards the hospital. She rested her head on her husband's shoulder, seeking some rest, when a midnight phone call compelled her to rush to the hospital without a second thought. She felt that this might be her last chance to meet her friends after nearly ten years of no contact.

Upon reaching the hospital, Shanaya inquired at the reception about Dean, only to be surprised by the presence of Sudo and other old students who had already gathered there, eagerly waiting for Shanaya, Abhi, and Rohan to join them.

Seeing her long-lost friends again stirred deep emotions within Shanaya, prompting her to embrace them warmly, putting aside any past grievances. She inquired about Dean's condition and learned that everyone was waiting for her and the two other men to pay their final respects together.

As they began catching up on each other's lives, memories of the past took center stage. Shanaya's thoughts drifted back to her childhood, marked by her father's abandonment and her mother's subsequent remarriage. She had longed for love and acceptance, leading to insecurities and a desire to belong to someone who would never leave her like her parents did.

At a family party, Shanaya encountered a boy named Rohan, around the same age as her. Initially, they were casual acquaintances, but as the evening unfolded, they found themselves drawn to one another. Shanaya sensed a familiar pain in Rohan's eyes, and as they shared their stories, she discovered that they both carried deep emotional wounds caused by family dynamics.

Rohan revealed that his father seemed to favor his elder brother, leaving him feeling invisible and neglected. He confided in Shanaya about the lack of attention and love he received at home, especially from his father, who only seemed to acknowledge him when pointing out mistakes. Even his mother, though caring, lacked the strength to stand up for him or herself in the family.

Listening to Rohan's heartrending tale, Shanaya couldn't help but empathize deeply. It reminded her of her own childhood, marked by her father's abandonment and her mother's emotional distance. As they connected over their shared pain and desire for affection, a strong bond formed between them.

Feeling a profound connection, Shanaya decided to bring joy into Rohan's life, just as he had unknowingly done for her that evening. She introduced him to a special place where they could escape the burdens of their past and find solace together. This act of kindness cemented their friendship, and as they continued to support and understand each other, their bond blossomed into a deep and caring love.

As time passed, the love between Rohan and Shanaya began to wane. Shanaya's past insecurities and longing for unconditional love resurfaced, causing her to hold onto the relationship tightly and suffocating Rohan's sense of freedom. As she grappled with her own fears of abandonment, she inadvertently pushed Rohan away, creating a rift between them.

Amidst this struggle, Abhimanyu entered their lives. He was a kind-hearted and compassionate person, always ready to lend an ear and support those in need. Shanaya found solace in Abhimanyu's understanding nature, and he became a confidant she could lean on during difficult times. Though she never intended for it to happen, Shanaya's emotional connection with Abhimanyu grew, further distancing her from Rohan.

Meanwhile, Abhimanyu noticed Shanaya's inner turmoil and unrequited love for Rohan. He felt a strong desire to help them rekindle their lost bond. Being a peacemaker at heart, Abhimanyu decided to intervene and play the role of a mediator between the two. He believed that with his assistance, Shanaya and Rohan might be able to overcome their issues and find happiness together again.

However, despite Abhimanyu's good intentions, the situation became more complex. After that Bangkok wedding trip, things changed drastically. Abhimanyu found himself inexplicably drawn to Rohan. Abhimanyu's feelings gradually transformed from a friendly concern for his friends' relationship to a burgeoning affection for Rohan. Despite his growing emotions, Abhimanyu was conflicted. He valued his friendship with both Shanaya and Rohan, and he couldn't bear the thought of causing any harm to their relationship. He tried to suppress his feelings, believing it would be best for everyone involved. However, as time passed, it became increasingly challenging for Abhimanyu to hide his affection for Rohan.

In the end, Shanaya and Rohan's love couldn't withstand the weight of their past traumas and the unintended complications brought by Abhimanyu's involvement. They drifted apart, leaving all three of them with a sense of loss and bittersweet memories of what could have been.

Back in the present, Shanaya and Shruti sat together in the hospital hall, sipping tea and reminiscing. Shruti asked if Abhi was responsible for the breakup with Rohan, to which Shanaya smiled and admitted that while Abhi played a role, the fault wasn't entirely his.

Tanya, who had been hesitant at first, joined the conversation, and tensions between them gradually eased. They realized that their unexpected reunion after a decade had changed them all in unforeseen ways.