Do You Know Eva- Chapter Twelve

• Dedicated to To All The Pregnant Teenagers Out There!

Do You Know Eva?

-Chapter Twelve-

-Love on the Rocks–

Jessica bursts out laughing right in front of me. Should I be laughing with her? Does she think this some sort of joke? She manages to control her fits of laughter, wipes underneath her eyes.

“Okay seriously, what's up?” she asks, unaware that I was being serious. But looking into her eyes, there is a part of her which believed me, but just shrugged it off; she doesn’t want to believe it.

“Jessica,” I stand in front of her, slightly tall than her, I take hold of her hands, they twine with mine but only for a matter of seconds because she pulls them away, realizing the truth.

“You’re… you’re pregnant?” she whispers. I purse my lips, my eyes water up, facing my reality. I nod.

“Y-yes…” I stutter. She scowls. Her eyebrows tighten, her eyes turn to slits and she bites her lip she seems to do that when she is angry. She shakes her head back and forth.

“How?” she says, through clenched teeth, a rhetorical question, because she already knows the answer, she just can’t face it.

“J-Jason. Jessica I am so sorry.”  She puts her hand up to stop me from talking.

“I don’t want to hear it.” She spits. She looks down to the wooden bridge; she can’t even look me in the eyes. I can tell she is disappointed, actually that is an understatement; she is disgusted.

“Jessica, you have to understand, I was in a dark place, I thought me and you were over-”

“What?” she interrupts, “you thought we were over? After I just told you I loved you, after I stayed with you in the hospital! You thought some silly fight was going to break us up? Oh god, I stayed in your house, I protected you and held you after you woke up screaming, and all this time you were keeping this from me! And all the people you could have cheated on me with, you pick Jason? Of all the people Evangeline!” that was the first time she called me Evangeline.

“Evangeline? Don’t call me that! It’s Eva.”

“Oh who cares? I can’t look at you right now.” She turns to leave in a fit of anger. She walks off the bridge.

“Jessica… Jessica please don’t leave me…” I walk after her. I trip over the step of the bridge and land on the cobbled path on my knees. Jessica turns around to see me on the ground. She shakes her head.

“Forget about it Eva. It’s done. We’re over.” She takes one last look at me, before leaving the garden.

Blood trickles down my left leg. I gashed my knee when I fell. I must have looked pathetic. Even in a time like that I still manage to be a klutz and fall. She must be laughing her head off. The sky has turned a darker shade of blue, it must be around six in the evening, but I still sit in The Garden of Eden, alone. A cold breeze has penetrated this heaven. Goosebumps cover my arms and legs. I wrap my arms around my stomach. Poor old Eva, like I haven’t gone through enough traumas in my life to have to deal with a stupid teenage pregnancy.  If Scott could see me now. All though I wish I had him now, to lean on. I contemplate ringing my father, but what good can he do, he’s miles away. The birds have long stopped singing, but that only lets me hear my thoughts a little louder.