Chapter VI

James' P.O.V.

As I watched that boy flirt with Jackie, my rage was through the roof. I probably would have ripped his head off if Jake and Rowan weren't here.

'He has no right to be flirting with our mate,' My wolf yelled in my head, making my anger grow.

'He doesn't have the right but he also doesn't know she has a mate. For all he knows she's a human who doesn't know wolves exist,' I try to be the voice of reason.

'Fine, but when we get back to the pack he's going into the dungeons,' He said, shaking his big wolf head.

'No, we'll talk about-' I was cut off when I heard the most wonderful noise ever. I looked up and saw my beautiful mate laughing. It made a smile pull at the corners of my lips until I remembered who made her laugh. The smile immediately left my face and I lost control of myself.

I stood and started walking over to their table. Once there I slammed my hand down making a loud bang resound throughout the cafeteria. All eyes turned to us and Eric and his friends bowed their heads in submission.

"Get. the. fuck. away. from. her. right. now." I seethed, trying to hold back my anger. I already know my eyes are pitch black by now.

"Yes, Al-" Nathan began to say before I quickly cut him off by letting out a menacing growl. Everyone at the table except for my mate bowed their heads even lower and stood up, leaving the table in quick steps and heading for the cafeteria doors.

"Why are you such a Dick?" My beautiful mate asked. Damn, she's feisty.

I was shocked at first but that shock soon turned into rage. I grabbed her firmly by the arm and lifted her out of her seat, and onto my shoulder.

"Dude, what the fuck? Put me down right now. Don't make me tell you again," Jackie yelled, banging her fists on my back and kicking her legs - to what I assume to kick me in the face. But before she could, I slapped her ass, making a loud 'smack' resound throughout the whole room.

"Moving around will only hurt you in the long run," I stated confidently, leaving my hand resting on her ass.

"I need my bags for my next class," She tried to reason with me but I already had that covered.

"I already have my friends getting that for us, Kitten," I said, continuing to walk through the halls like it's the most normal thing in the world.

I continued walking through the halls until we made it to the storage place of the school. I put her down then I started contemplating whether I should do what I was about to do. My wolf came forward and pushed me to do it. I pinned her against the wall with my body weight before leaning in and sniffing her.

She looked shocked and uncomfortable before she yelled, "What the hell?" and tried to push my face away. "What do you even want?" She asked.

I stared at her intently for a few moments before whispering, "This," and leaning in to kiss her.

As soon as my lips hit hers I felt parts sparks travel through my whole body. It was the best kiss I had ever had and I never wanted to stop. She was so mesmerized in this moment and as soon as she started kissing back it got even better and her lips. God, don't get me started on her lips. They were soft and even tasted like sweet vanilla and the best thing was that they molded perfectly to mine. Made just for mine.

When I pulled back for air I looked at her sweet, swollen lips and the string of saliva that was connecting our lips together. I could tell she was concerned and shocked about what I had just done making me smile.

Why am I feeling this way? It's so odd but I love it.