accusations

After realizing your phone wasn't with you, you walked back to Red Velvet's dorm. You remembered having placed it in your duffle bag when leaving, but when you checked, your phone was nowhere to be found.

Without hesitation, you knocked on the main door of their dorm, and shortly, the sound of footsteps became closer until Yeri appeared after she opened the door.

"Hey, Y/N," she said, a little taken aback by your presence. "Did you forget something?"

"Yeah, I left my phone in Wendy's room," you told her while absentmindedly scratching the back of your neck.

"Ah, come in," she said, beckoning you in.

You thanked her and made your way to your girlfriend's room. But just as you reached to open the door, an angry Wendy greeted you, stating firmly that she wanted an explanation. Her arms were folded, and your phone was in her grip.

You wondered what was wrong. It had only been a couple of minutes when you exited their dorm.

"Explain what?" you asked, confused.

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about!" she yelled, but her outburst only caused further confusion.

Yeri's footsteps echoed behind you, and she asked what was wrong, only to be overlooked by the two of you.

"I really have no idea what you're talking about," you told your girlfriend.

Wendy's behavior was indeed puzzling, leaving you completely clueless. However, unsatisfied with your explanation, she firmly took hold of your wrist and forcefully pulled you into the living room.

"Ow! What's gotten into you?" you asked, wincing in pain.

Hearing the noise, Irene, Seulgi, and Joy emerged from their rooms to investigate the source of the commotion. Yeri and Irene held your girlfriend back as they tried to soothe her, while Seulgi and Joy stayed beside you, their hands gripping your shoulders.

Wendy let go of your wrist and shouted in outrage, her eyes blazing with accusation at you, "What's gotten into me?! You're cheating on me, Y/N!"

Everyone looked at you in shock and confusion, sending you reeling more over your girlfriend's baseless doubts regarding your faithfulness.

Your past relationships may have had complications, but you never even considered cheating on them. What more could you have wanted now that she is the only one making you happy and looking out for your physical and emotional well-being?

You raised your voice this time, caring less if their neighbors heard you. "How come you're accusing me of something I'd never do?"

"Never do?" she asked back, pushing your phone against your chest.

You stumbled a little as you caught your phone.

"A lot of people are texting and flirting with you!"

"But I don't even open their messages!" you shot back.

"Well, you could've blocked them!"

"What, and be that rude? Don't you think that I ignore their messages because I don't really care about them?"

"But they're a lot, and I don't like it!"

You scoffed. "Do numbers matter when I only have my eyes on you? I told you I didn't browse their messages! And don't act like I'm the only one who has to deal with people like them when you're far more famous than I am!"

"Oh, so you're blaming my career now?" she raged, her hands balled into fists at her sides.

She clearly disliked your words, yet you felt no remorse because you knew they were true.