1. Welcome

Keep you in the dark, and so it all began

Beacon Hills, a weird name for a weird town. To say its in California it is quite cold at night, to be quite honest that doesn't bother me.

We arrived here around a week ago. Haven't really gone outside the past week too other than getting supplies and furniture for the house. We've kept ourselves on the down low to avoid any communications with the other residents here. We didn't really want to give our identity away or our true natures. 

Today however, I am about to change that. It took a lot of convincing to my dad and Thunder, the latter now being so over protective. I told them I would take Zealous with me so that at least won them over, somewhat.

So here I was exploring the town. I initially started at Beacon Hills high school. You know, so I know which way to go. As I wondered to the school I noticed that it was indeed open. I looked at my phone and saw that it 11:05AM. Lesson time. Perfect. 

"Zealous I need to go inside for a minute and do some files for tomorrow. Do you think you can get home safely and without causing problems?" I asked Zealous cautiously.

He looked up at me and shook his head with a disappointed expression. He turned around and walked away not looking back once, I turned too and ventured up the stairs. I walked through the russet coloured double doors and down the hall.

In the last week of being here I've heard there are two new werewolves and an alpha who was running around turning teenagers. Then we discovered something new, dad says its a legend known as the Kanima. We're not sure yet though because we've only heard about it. Never seen it. 

As I walked through the long narrow hallways I came across two teenagers. one had a buzz haircut and brown eyes and the other had darker hair as was his brown eyes. The difference between them was, well one was a werewolf. And I think he just noticed my presence.

"Hey there little werewolf mind if I cut in before you?" I greeted them, well him with a fake smile. He looked at me with slight curiosity and shock before going back to expressionless.

I smiled again, fake of course, and pushed past him and buzz cut. There were two doors, one that said principals office and the other said secretary's office which was the one I headed to. 

I knocked onto the doors and opened it gently. There behind a desk sat a native-American woman. She looked to be in a deep conversation on the phone. She looked up and gave a one minute sign. I nodded and took a seat, waiting patiently.

Exactly one minute later she put the phone down and turned to me with a real smile and cocked her head. "Hello how may I assist you?" She asked in a soft tone. 

"I'm starting this school tomorrow so to avoid being tardy and being late to lessons, I was wondering if I can get my schedule and locker number today," I informed. She looked at me and then bobbed her head answering with a short 'yes'.

"I just need your name, age and, well, general information." She replied after fiddling with her papers. 

"Sure. My name is Echo Monkshood and I am seventeen years old. I have a twin brother Thunder Monkshood who will be coming in tomorrow. We live with my father Grey Monkshood and I have a dog. Birthday is 21st of March." I said everything that sounded general to me with a pleasant smile.

She bobbed here head up and down and looked through various files before printing out my schedule.

"There you go, that is your schedule and locker number, if there is anything you need at all be sure to come here. Enjoy your time here at Beacon Hills high schoolm" She waved me goodbye before picking up the phone again. I nodded back my fair wells and walked out the door.