Chapter 8: Erland's Plan

It's nighttime. Erland is planning something. He looked at the M-16. He also had a grenade with him. He only has ONE. Spooky thought: (We're gonna get caught.. We're gonna get caught... We're gonna get -) Candy tapped him on the shoulder. "Oh hey Candy! Do you need something?" Spooky asked. "I'm kinda suspicious about that Gootraxian in room 1..." Candy said. Erland already quietly sneaks his way up to the house with the M-16 and grenade. He peeked through a window. He saw Hygord, José and Spooky at the dining table. He sees Spooky entering the room. Erland suddenly opens fire at the window. Spooky gets shot in the shoulder when Erland is about to shoot him in the head, Toon runs and blocks Spooky from behind, getting shot in the head. The group take cover. Spooky runs to another room. "WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Candy is caught in the chaos. Erland stopped firing. Spooky looked up at the window. He sees Erland throwing the grenade into the house. It hits the ground. José suddenly attempts to leap on top of the grenade. It exploded, and  José gets critically injured. "Oh my god..." Spooky feels bad for the injuries of his friends. Erland starts flying away with his wings. Spooky yelled at him. "I'LL FUCKING GET YOU JACKASS!!" He screamed. Hours later, after the attack, Carito and Toon are buried. With wooden crosses on them. Spooky puts a flower on both of their graves. "They were my best friends..." Endri is tearing up. "I'm really sorry..." Candy said colorlessly. The next day, the mess is cleaned up at the house. Candy is licking on her cherry flavored lollipop. José is sipping on some coffee. Hygord is sitting at the stairs to Spooky's house. Spooky sat next to him. "Ay." Hygord greeted him. "Hi." Spooky said back. "Well... what made you want to join my group? Before you met me?" Spooky asked this. "I am an ex-militant, I wanted to deal with those things. My reason for hate of Goos? That's Operation "Light Shut". We deployed to Laminax to clean out an entire issue with those creatures. I saw my own man die..." Hygord paused for a moment, then continued. "But we still kept going, until... the U.S. government SUDDENLY said to pull back. Not also that I and the survived soldiers get sentenced for "war crimes" against Gootraxians. This was about three years ago. Then i saw a newspaper article about you. So i came to see you." Hygord finished. "I was still institutionalized while that happened." Spooky said. "My father attempted to rape and kill my sister Candy, so i shot him. I shot him dead. Spooky said. "It was in defense of my sister." Spooky said. They both shared their backstory. "I didn't like this Gootraxian idea in the first place. It's ruining society." Spooky is tells his reasons on why the Gootraxians shouldn't exist in the first placr.