Chapter 5

'Free?'

He immediately became more cautious. It was a bit suspicious that someone had approached him and offered free services.

After some thought, Zhou Mingrui decided that he would try, but would not purchase any additional services whatever they were. He would firmly refuse them all.

'If you are really capable, try divining that I transmigrated here!'

With this in mind, Zhou Minfrui followed behind the woman whose face was painted red and yellow, stooping low to enter the low tent.

The tent's interior was extremely dark, illuminated only by several beams of light that managed to seep inside. A table covered with paper cards could be made out faintly in the low illumination.

The woman with the sharp pointy hat was not affected by this at all. Her long black dress glided as though it was moving over water while she went around to the table. She sat on the opposite side and lighted a candle.

The dim yellow light flickered, causing the inside of the tent to appear bright and dark at the same time. It instantly added a much more mysterious feel to the atmosphere.

Zhou Mingrui sad down quietly, his gaze sweeping over the tarot cards on the table where he discovered familiar cards like "The Fool", "The World", and "Justice", etc.

'Could Roselle have been a senior... I wonder if he really was also a fellow countryman of mine...' Zhou mumbled to himself subconsciously.

Before he could finish looking at the opened cards on the table, the woman who claimed to have accurate divinations had already reached out her hands to gather all of the cards together. She stacked them into a deck and pushed it in front of him.

"What would you like to ask about?" Fortune-teller asked Klein who was still thinking about cards in front of him.

"About past, present and future" Zhou Mingrui answered. As a keybord warrior he know something about tarot cards and asking about present was the best think he could ask as of now.

"I see. Please shuffle card and cut the deck then." The circus fortune-teller said in muted voice.

"Me? Shuffle?" Zhou Mingrui asked reflexively.

The yellow and red paint on the fortune-teller's face squirmed together as she revealed a slight smile, saying, "Of course, everynoe's destiny can only be unraveled by themselves. I only serve as a reader of it."

Zhou Mingrui immediately questioned her warly, "This reading does not require additional fees, right?"

'As a keyboard folklorist, I've already seen too many of such tricks!'

The fortune-teller was visibly taken aback before finally saying muffledly, "It's free."

Zhou Mingrui, relieved, stuffed the revolver further back into his pocked. Thereafter, he calmly reached out his two hands to shuffle and cut the deck skillfully.

"It's done." He placed the already shuffled tarot cards in the middle of the table.

The fortune-teller reached out her fingers and picked a card from the top of the deck. Then she placedit on the left side of Zhou Mingrui. Her voice was going lower and lower as she spoke, "This card symbolize your past."

"This card symbolize your present." The fortune-teller placed second card right in front of Zhou Mingrui.

Then, she picked the third card and put it on the right side of Zhou Mingrui.

"This card symbolizes the future."

"Alright, which card would you like to see first?" Woman raised her head up after completing her placement of the cards and gazed deeply at Zhou Mingrui with her blue eyes.