Chapter 6-A Magical Journey

The next morning, Laney got up before anyone else. She slowly got out of bed so as to not wake Addison and slipped on her slippers. She needed to clear her head, so she went into her case to feed her creatures. As soon as she went up to the Bowtruckles, they all came around once they realized that Laney was alone. "Hello everyone." said Laney. "I've got you a different type of bug, I found them in the garden over the weekend. Let me know what you think of them." The Bowtruckles took the bugs gratefully and began munching. By the looks of it, they were quite happy with the new type of bug. Laney smiled at the Bowtruckles, then went off to feed the Nifflers.

After all of Laney's creatures were well fed, she went up to her workshop and began to conjure up a new potion that she knew would be very useful for NifflerPox. Within 45 minutes, her potion was brewed and ready. She poured it into a vial and labeled it "Cure for NifflerPox". She figured she would bring it to her family gathering and show her great grandfather, who fully supported her interest in magical creatures, given he used to be a Magizoologist himself. After she had finished cleaning the mess she had made, she went back up into her room and started tidying it up. She put the Time Turner back in the box in the book, placed the dusty books on her desk, (mainly because she didn't want her other books to get dirty) and hung up some of her clothes that had yet to be put away.

As she waited for Addison to wake up, she decided that she would read the Quibbler. After about 30 minutes of reading, Addison rose from her slumber and rubbed her eyes. "Morning Addison." Laney said with a smile. "Morning." Addison said as she adjusted her eyes to the fairly bright room. "What are you reading?"

"An old copy of the Quibbler, it's quite fascinating. If you'd like, I could probably snag you a couple of copies of it, I'm almost positive my grandfather will bring some today. He usually always does." said Laney. "Also, I've been meaning to talk to you about the time turner business from last night. I understand that you really want to use it, but it's really dangerous and could get us in so much trouble. The last thing we need is Voldemort to be brung back."

Addison nodded. "I suppose it was a very reckless idea. It's just that, I hardly get to experience magic living in the muggle world, and you're surrounded by it! I just wanted to go on a crazy magical adventure. Oh what I'd give to have a suitcase full of magic like you! I suppose I'm a bit jealous of your life, but I understand that you were just trying to look out for me."

"Don't worry, you'll get to experience loads of magic today. You'll be surrounded by extraordinary witches and wizards!" Laney exclaimed. Addison sat up. "I already am surrounded by extraordinary witches and wizards by being here!" Laney laughed. "I mean more extraordinary witches and wizards, famous ones! You'll have so much fun, and my cousins are pretty cool too, and you'll get to meet my great uncle, who is also a muggle. Who knows, you two might have loads in common!" Addison was now grinning from ear to ear. "I can't wait!" she exclaimed.

The girls decided to get ready for the day. Addison decided on wearing a yellow floral short sleeve shirt and white short overalls, complemented by a charm that her and Laney had made together. Laney had decided on wearing a mustard long sleeve polo shirt with white short overalls, complemented by a charm necklace that her and Addison had made. The two girls decided to dress similarly, yet different at the same time.

Before leaving the room, Laney grabbed her case and latched it shut. She also grabbed her messenger bag and threw in a copy of the Quibbler, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a few crystals, and her spectrespecs. In the pocket of her overalls, she hid away her "Cure for Nifflerpox" potion. "Ready?" Addison asked. "Yep!" Laney said after triple checking everything. Finally, the girls opened the floor hatch and climbed down the ladder.
The girls made their way to the sitting room, where they found Lorcan, Lysander, and Jaxson playing a game of cards. "Are your brothers always together?" Addison asked. "Yep, they're pretty much inseparable." Laney said as she watched Lorcan lose in the game of cards. "How do I always lose this game?" Lorcan said, frustrated. "I think it's the fact that you just suck at cards. I'm sure a baby could beat you!" Lysander said jokingly. Jaxson cracked a laugh, but stopped himself before he had a laughing fit after Lorcan shot him a glare. "Don't beat yourself up about it mate, you can't be good at everything." Jaxson said. Lorcan crossed his arms.