[Chapter 12]

"Your smile was enough to bring happiness to me. Seeing you happy makes me happy as well."

~

"Mr. Ha, you may take your seat. Your choice to were you want to as long as it's empty.", Mrs. Choi said while tapping her stick on the table. It's enough to wake your classmates up after zoning out, silence being their companion.

The dead silence and no reactions you guys are battling into ended up just like that as Yoonbin made his way to find a seat. There were 5 seats that was empty.

One that was near the exit door from the back row, he stopped on his tracks and stared at the empty seat that his eyes catches first. When he roamed his eyes to the sitting man 1 meter beside, he was immediately overwhelmed by awkwardness and gaucheness when his eyes met Jihoon's.

Jihoon let out a sigh as he broke the eye contact with Yoonbin. Yoonbin gulped the lump of his throat with the thought of, Ah shit. This section was hard to mingle with. He went to the other way and found another vacant seat.

He was about to sit there but his actions made an abrupt stop when suddenly he saw the boy beside him clenching his fist into a ball. Was he mad at my appearance? Or he just doesn't want someone to sit on his left side?

Junkyu could sense the way Yoonbin was tensed up due to his sudden actions. Yoonbin doesn't know it was Junkyu, the dude he was holding a grudge on to. Junkyu purposely did that in order to have no one to occupy on his left side.

Especially when he doesn't like the person.

Yoonbin let out a faint sigh that almost no one could hear as he turned around. He saw a vacant seat on the center of the class, but when he sees how carefree the people around it, he let it aside and tried to find another.

The students that was sitting on the center with the vacant seat happened to be Yedam, Mashiho and Doyoung. They are so engrossed with their iPads, ears are plugged with earphones, probably composing or listening to musics.

Yoonbin found having people around him that don't want to acknowledge his presence,was difficult to talk on to. So he just let another tired sigh before his eyes landed to Minji.

His cousin.

His eyes immediately softened to her unbothered figure as he spotted an empty seat behind her. He was about to go there but he halted his steps, If he talks to Minji. It could build suspicions to the whole class. And they'd start to hate Minji more for seeking other people's help. And Yoonbin doesn't want that.

He doesn't want rumors to spread to the entire class, nor to the entire school as possible. He doesn't want to add another burden to Minji's already painful life. He just want to make her live in peace, safe and sound.

He spotted another seat, not away from Minji but it was beside a girl whose hands holding her matte lipstick and mascara. What the fuck?! No way I'm going to seat beside those girls surrounding me. He monologued to his mind.

Rolling his eyes, he just sat on the first seat he spotted. The seat beside Jihoon. He doesn't mind though having a student with a poker face sitting on his side. And plus, he was near the exit door so it could be easy for him to run into the exit if he needed.

Though, he doesn't know them well enough since this was his first day with them. Yet, their obvious expressions that was plastered on their faces was almost the same as if they shared the same thought had made him kinda nervous but he needed to keep going.

Blank. Bothered. Suspicions.

It was all that he could describe. But he needed to handle this for his cousin's sake. If he'd never be here in the first place, then who would save Minji from Junkyu?