[Chapter 16]

"Loving you is the best choice."

~

HARUTO'S P.O.V

Cold, heartless, ignorant, quite. That's what people describe me the most without knowing the real me. Being one of the students in Class 3-2 wasn't that easy as a piece of cake. Having 11 friends isn't that hard though but, loving one person is both; easy to say but hard to admit.

They say, love is the greatest thing on Earth. They are many ways to find love, as well as in every person's love story, there are many genres to pick. It can be, forbidden, romance-comedy, love triangle, heavy drama, etc.

But for me, no matter what the genre of my life's love story is, as long as it was a true love, I'd gladly accept. Love is a game, and I am the player who's willing to play. To sacrifice my time and effort, to give all of my affection and love and to assure that everything's gonna be fine.

And there's one person who captured my heart; Kim Minji

Like me, she's the most quite one in our class, she rarely speaks, or even initiate a single conversation. Yet she managed to maintain her place as the top 4 in our class. She haven't ranked below the top 5 before and I am so proud of that. But of course, I just kept the admiration for myself.

Her straight black long hair that sometimes can be seen as dark brown, her almond eyes, her pinkish lips, her cheeks, her long eyelashes and her straight eyebrows; everything about her, everything that comes from Minji, I always adore.

What questions me the most is why is she the only target of Junkyu-hyung who's basically one of my friends. Frankly saying, she never meddle or annoy everyone and she's almost like a thin air to the point she always be out of place in our classroom.

But I haven't seen her complain, before.

Not until now, as far as I witnessed, Junkyu-hyung's bullying slowly became harsher and worst than before. I had to stop that. Enough is enough and I cannot stand seeing the girl I've been liking for years get hurt by the hands of my frickin immature older friend.

And now, I am sitting across her, to keep her safe from any danger. She's eating peacefully while I am here, staring at my untouched food and spaced out. Across me, I can see her neutral face, enjoying her food through my peripheral vision.

"Thank you, Haruto.", She thanked me. Her voice, like a music in my ears I could listen into for how long. I've never got bored listening to her voice, until now. My liking for her is still the same and seeing her safe and sound is enough for my worries and concern to subside.

"Why? Why are you thanking me?"

Minji stayed silent, after hearing my question. Instead of saying 'you're welcome', I am curious and confused to why she was thanking me. I never know what I've done for her to thank me like that, to begin with.

"For everything. You're always be there for me through my ups and downs. Thank you for staying... I owe you so many times already.", She flashed a small smile, but I know it was a geniune one. She parted her lips again, and I anticipated for her to continue, whatever it was.

"I know, a thank you won't be enough but please, believe me, I am so thankful because of you. I don't have any words to say since actions speak louder than words but...I can guarantee you that I am really thankful. Thank you, again."

That short speech of thanksgiving from her, was enough to warm my heart. Her voice lulled my conscience, I am so drowned with love for her. Cliche, I know, but what can I do?

Is this really the feeling of being inlove?

Minji-yah, you're the reason for my serenity.