[Chapter 18]

"Pitter Patter."

~

Sounds of rain gushing into the roof of the building, apparently, the detention room was at the highest floor so you won't wonder anymore why the sound of the rain was the only one that's audible to you. Pitter patter of drops from the above's liquid. You once love and felt comfortable when it's raining, but it seems like this day was an exception.

In to your surprise, it feels like being in an detention room for the first time ever left a pang on your heart and decreased your pride as one of the trustable student in this high school. One of the disadvantages of being a top student, is that, everybody was expecting to only see your good side,

, And once you'll reveal the true you, everyone who used to appreciate you will turn their backs and gossip about you, everywhere and whenever they felt like to.

Thunder stormed in the sky as you flinched, not soon after, it was followed by the most deadly lighting that strikes throughout the whole building, leaving you all stiffened with terror and fright. Mixed emotions and display of expressions that's plastered on your face, Jihoon chuckled, seeing you being scared.

You felt his stare on you as you lifted your head only to meet his sharp yet comforting gaze, "Keep laughing and you'll meet the heavens tomorrow.", You threatened, as you added a deep sigh. Being stuck in this reluctant room wasn't helping at all and this guy not far from you was literally adding fuel to the fire.

You glanced at him once again as you rolled your eyes, talking to this jerk would just rile you up and bickering with him at this moment is just a waste of time. It would be all better if you'd just take a nap, for him to also know you're tired and wanted to rest for a while.

Just a 30 minutes sleep is enough.

Jihoon on the other hand, just seemed so calm but he was perplexed of how you managed to change your mood in just a life span of minutes. Earlier you were acting naive towards him, apologizing as if your life depended on it. But now, you were being on your usual behavior towards him.

He wasn't hurt or whatsoever, but he was curious.

JIHOON'S P.O.V

Curiousity is killing me. I wanted to know what had caused her to act like this. Is it because of the coldness of the night breeze? She's shivering in both fear and cold, and if she won't be covered up with something warm and thick, there's a high chance she might get sick. And I don't want that, I don't want to harm her, even if it wasn't my will to even do so.

I heaved a sighed, my eyes directly flicked into her direction, the peaceful sight of her sleeping melts my heart. It's rare to see her like this, being fragile as her vulnerability was killing me to death. Being so whipped for her can be dangerous, but I am ready and willing to sacrifice and gamble my life if it means for her own safety.

I guess, falling in love for a certain someone can be suicidal. I tried to get rid of the thoughts away, not being able to resist the imagination of Y/N being entangled into danger any longer. After all, I am so wrong for thinking that way. I shook my head continously as I stoood up and walked up to her.

I took off my blazer and wrapped it around her body, especially on both of her arms since I know just a night of her shivering from cold could lead her into sickness. "Sleep tight. One hour is almost over.", I mumbled softly to her even though I know that she won't respond back.

I turned my head to my right side and saw how the night was getting darker as every minute passed by, and so was the rain. The thunder and lightning wasn't that loud and frightening as before but still, even a kid couldn't still be able to hear those roaring sounds.