[Chapter 19]

"Feelings."

~

Slamming the door close, you immediately slid yourself inside the house. While panting heavily, you clutched the fabric of your school uniform that was placed somewhere around your chest, firmly. Heavy breaths echoed throughout the silent living room as you slowly turned to your heels towards the couch.

With flustered face, you sat down absentmindedly on the sofa with the other hand still gripping tightly the strap of your bag that was still on your shoulders; as if your life depended on it.

Suddenly, a hue of red flushed on your cheeks followed by the fast throbbing of your heart. "Wait, fucking calm down, Y/N..", you muttered while your eyes scanned the room to see if someone had witnessed your state.

And yes, indeed, someone was watching you from the doorframe that separates the living room and the dinning room. That wry smirk on his face and his sharp,small rounded eyes was piercing into your own shocked ones.

His thin, slender hand was placed on his chin whilst his elbow was resting on the wall, he raised one eyebrow at you, along with his famous cocky smirk. You groaned in annoyance as he made his way towards you.

"Since when did you arrived here, Hao?"

Your sentence made him halt his steps as he rubbed his thumb on his chin, intently teasing you. A grin crept up on his lips, showing his pearly white perfect teeth that kinda creep you out. "Since the time you went to school. 8:00 in the morning I guess..", he shrugged.

You breathed out in relief. Fuck this shit, I'm almost doomed. Once he'd catch me acting like this, it could cause a huge trouble! You slapped your face to calm you down, and also to supress your smile.

A smile that's for Jihoon. I mean, who else you would blush for?

Stop blushing you-

"Better explain everything to me.", He pointed his index finger at you as he sat on the couch across you with folded legs. The typical Xu Minghao. He placed his forearm on top of the armrest while he raised his eyebrow at you, once again.

SINCE WHEN DID MOM LET HIM INSIDE THE HOUSE? I'M NOT INFORMED!

"This old hag.", You rolled your eyes.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing. I said nothing, okay?", You rolled your eyes again as you stood up and was about to turn around. Not until the sentence he spat out caught your attention.

"Who made you blush? I think you've been inlove lately... I-"

"Shut the fuck up you kermit frog!"

"Hey hey, calm down, sheesh..", he tried to soothe the intensified atmosphere that comes from you, as he chuckled. Stop laughing. You said inwardly as you stomped your feet.

The sound of the door opening distracted the both of you from bickering as you averted your gaze to the wooden opened door. You saw your Mom entering the house with some grocery bags on her hands. Your face lit up in happiness as you immediately dashed towards her figure.

"Mom! Help me!", You pouted as you continued to burry your face into your Mom's shoulder, wanting for her to protect you from Minghao's teasing as she just laughed.

Pulling away, you lifted your face but to just meet his playful ones. You winced and looked at him in disgust. "I repeat, you, calm down and-"

"Yeah yeah, I'd calm down..once you'd answer my question!", You insisted with hands on each side of your Mom's waist, hugging her from the side. With nonchalant stare, you let out an exasperated sigh as you turned around.