viii. Fox's out of the bag

EIGHT,        fox's out of the bag

EIGHT, fox's out of the bag

     HIMARI WAS RELIEVED to hear from Bonnie that Elena made it back home safely

     HIMARI WAS RELIEVED to hear from Bonnie that Elena made it back home safely. Despite not meeting the famous doppelgänger yet, something about the human girl intrigued her, the way people seemed to orbit her, and willingly put their lives in danger just for her was fascinating. Maybe it was the allure of the Petrova charm that was the reason for these thoughts but that couldn't be it because Himari had not fallen for it the first time around with Katherine Pierce. It's safe to say that Elena piqued Himari's curiosity.

It pushed Himari to want to protect Elena more now than ever. She was at risk everywhere she went and her getting kidnapped proved it.

She needed to speak with Elijah to figure out their plan more thoroughly. But he was nowhere to be found. His prolonged silence had initially sparked worry. His absence, combined with Stefan and Damon's unscathed return, raised questions in Himari's mind. It wasn't until two nights ago when a knock sounded at her door, revealing Elijah's unexpected presence. His impeccably sharp suit had been ruined, destroyed by a puncture through his shirt like he had been stabbed where his heart would be.

Almost immediately Himari pieced together that the Salvatores had bested Elijah somehow, however, she guessed they had no idea it would take a little more than a wooden stake to kill an Original.

She pitied them. Elijah was not one to forgive easily.

The sound of the front door opening caused Himari to look up from the grimoires and ancient history books scattered across her table. She'd been spending her time digging through every single one of her resources for the location of the artifact and for some reason, she never made any progress. The location spells she's tried have all had the same unfavorable outcome. It was like it was being protected by so many strong enchantments— as if it didn't want to be found. But that didn't deter her determination, because one way or another she'd get it.