xiv. Sister, brother...

FOURTEEN,      Sister, brother

FOURTEEN, Sister, brother...

     JUNPEI ABE WATCHED the wound in his palm quickly healing as the red substance flowing out of it dripped onto the map set out in front of him

JUNPEI ABE WATCHED the wound in his palm quickly healing as the red substance flowing out of it dripped onto the map set out in front of him. The witch- Maddox- then began chanting underneath his breath causing the blood to travel to a specific location: Mystic Falls, Virginia. It didn't surprise him to see his sister was already there. If anything, he grew nervous knowing he'd soon be there too- finally in her presence after five centuries of being away from her. It didn't feel real. But he knew it wouldn't be that easy. Yes, he'd see her again like he wanted, however, it was Himari's reaction he feared. He didn't know how she would respond to him being alive and becoming a vampire.

A part of him didn't want to know- he didn't want to see the hatred in her eyes at what he had become. He would prefer to remain dead in her memory as the loving brother she once knew. Because if Junpei was being honest, the good parts of him had died the day he turned, consumed by predatory instincts and a bloodlust that was uncontrollable once he fed. This new appetite forced him to abandon his humanity.

And perhaps, the five centuries he spent with Klaus Mikaelson could also be a factor in what he had become.

But, deep down, he knew the Original was not to blame for all of what he was. Junpei can admit there had always been a darkness that lingered in the back of his mind. Maybe, it stemmed from jealousy toward his sister for not being able to perfect witchcraft when he had the chance despite him not really caring about his rare talent- or maybe, it was simply because this was who he was born to be.

He had never felt more free- more alive ever since turning.

When he was a witch, he felt bound to always follow a moral compass like nature would punish him if he did something that didn't fit their idea of good. It was exhausting, and suffocating in a way.

Being a vampire, however, removed those shackles, there was no need to be honorable all the time- he didn't have to think about how his actions might affect the coven.