Oh, How Has He Fallen

"Remember, be very careful!" Grian said, for maybe the fourth or fifth time.

And Ezra remembered that, and he told himself that he would be, but he wasn't prepared for what he saw.

He definitely didn't know what to expect of the seemingly floating modern art sculpture that was the pile of boats and blocks. When he stepped on the moss that surrounded the area, he was still thinking that the hole is an entrance to a meeting room, just as they told him.

He definitely didn't expect a lifeless gap, a tear ripping the world apart, unveiling the darkest shade of black, unveiling the emptiness without light, unveiling the void.

Blood rushed through his veins, a noise in his ears. His limbs grew weak, and his head suddenly felt very heavy.

To the terror of the members of the Boatem crew who were standing nearby, EX's body staggered on the edge, and then the man fell.

~⁠~⁠~

Both Grian and Impulse jumped forward at the same time, trying to get to the falling EX. Pearl reacted only seconds later, while Scar and Mumbo both froze in place, unable to react.

All of them were too slow.

Impulse had trouble opening his elytra, so he slammed into one of the Boatem Hole's walls. This sent his stuff flying around, and his body back to his bed, where he would respawn a couple hours later.

Grian was even more unlucky - he managed to quickly plummet down the Boatem Hole, but Ezra was far lower than him. Panicking, the Avian didn't manage to pull up quickly enough, so he lost a life and an inventory full of stuff to the cold void.

Pearl, gliding down behind them, knew she was too late. When she got down to bedrock level, she tried to land, so at least she could collect Impulse's things. With little space to maneuver, she slammed into the ground quite hard while landing, and scratched her leg against a cold rock, which led to a particularly nasty cut. She hissed in pain, though she still was glad she didn't die. Respawning was just as painful, even more time consuming, and she hoped a small healing potion could take care of her wound.

Right now she didn't have the healing potion, though, so she had to deal with the pain. She stood up, and limply walked around, collecting Impulse's random items from the ground. After that, she sat down, sorted her inventory, and took her communicator out of it. She just wanted to write to Scar or Mumbo to bring her the potion, but she quickly forgot about it when she turned the communicator on.

<ImpulseSV experienced kinetic energy>
<Grian fell into the void>

<Cubfan135> rip
<Keralis> oops hahahaha
<Keralis> rip!
<TangoTek> and you guys were suuure the boatem hole was a good idea?

Pearl's hands were shaking.

<PearlescentMoon> guys
<PearlescentMoon> is there no deathmessage for ex?
<PearlescentMoon> hefell
<PearlescentMoon> ibto thr void too

~⁠~⁠~

Understandably, Pearl's message was a catalyst for quite a commotion. Soon - she didn't even realize the passage of time - she was at her base, with Scar treating her wounded leg, Mumbo awkwardly fidgeting in the corner, and a very nervous Xisuma pacing around the room.

"Did- did they- are you sure they actually fell- ?" Xisuma asked, then stopped. "Sorry- sorry, I asked that already, didn't I?"

"Don't- It's okay." Pearl muttered, shaking her head quickly.