Chapter 9

Jimin knew he should tell someone that his voices are getting back. They were all working hard on their road to recovery and they had made vows to never keep secrets from either other again, but that didn't mean it was making it easier for him to confess that he wasn't doing fine. The boy looked around the room and looked at every member.

Most members were happily chatting and cuddling with each other while sitting with too many people on the two beds. Namjoon was a bit more quiet than usual, but that wasn't so odd since he was feverish and pained by his leg wound. It hurt Jimin to see their strong leader being weakened by something like this and it made the boy suddenly very self-conscious. What if he had heard wrong? Maybe he was making the voices up in his own head? Of course he was making the voices himself, nobody else was doing it! Ah, Jimin felt himself getting frustrated with himself. He was doing so well the past couple of weeks, and he felt so proud being able to help the others instead of needing help, but today it felt like he had hit rock bottom again. All those therapy sessions, medication and pep talks of the older members felt useless the second Jimin heard the familiar voices again. But he could still make sure that no all efforts were lost in vain if he managed to tell someone before things got worse like last time...

"Tae?" Jimin whispered.

Taehyung hummed and turned around to face his soulmate, but right before he could ask why Jimin called him, Jungkook started to cough.

"Don-t m- mak- e - me - laug-h" the maknae tried to say in between coughs. The others were still laughing about something, but their laughs gradually died down when they noticed that Jungkook was starting to struggle with his breathing.

"Try to take a deep breath Jungkook" Yoongi said and quickly told Taehyung to find his inhaler. Hoseok stood up as well and helped the second youngest to find the inhaler. "Come on Kook" the rapper said, but a bit more desperate this time since Jungkook kept coughing and his lips were slowly getting bluer.

"Can- 't" the youngest wheezed and made a choking sound when he tried to take a deeper breath.

"Yes you can, just try" Yoongi said while trying to find out where Taehyung and Hoseok had gone. In the meantime Seokjin had changed position behind the maknae and lifted the boy's upper body so Jungkook could cough a bit better.

"Here!" Taehyung shouted as he came back running into the room. He practically threw the inhaler with adapter at Yoongi, and the rapper wasted no time to lift the mask that was attached to it in front of Jungkook's face.

"You're going to be okay Kook" Yoongi said and pressed the button of the inhaler. Jungkook's panicked eyes were locked with Yoongi's and the older one's heart hurt seeing tears in the big doe eyes. He had never experienced problems with his lungs in his life before, so he could only imagine how terrified the boy must be when he had the feeling that he couldn't breathe.

From the corner of his eye he noticed Namjoon crawling closer to them so he could reach out for Jungkook's hand that was lying limply at his side. "You're doing so well Jungkookie" the leader added.

They weren't sure if Jungkook was actually hearing them right now, but they continued to praise him the whole time to motivate him to take some deeper breaths. It did seem to work after a minute, but when the boy started to cough again while the mask was still pressed against his face, Yoongi quickly administered another round of medicine.

After two rounds of medicine from the inhaler, Yoongi removed the mask from the maknae's face and watched closely how he was doing. Jungkook had stopped coughing, but his breaths still sounded wheezed and constricted. "I think he needs more" the rapper said and looked at the others for guidance.