Chapter 5 | Mission

"Fuck

"Fuck. This club may be a little better than ours," Rafe mumbled over the loud music that vibrated against the booth we were sitting in. The lights flashed and blinded me as I looked up at him.

The club was big and had two bars that were both packed, tables sat everywhere and there were multiple VIP sections located further away from the dance floor. The VIP area my cousins and I sat currently sat with Julian and his cousins. The Capo of New York and the Italian mob.

"Shut up, fucking dumbass," I mumbled to him, blowing smoke into the air. I put the joint back to my lips, letting it dangle there as I inhaled.

Rafe laughed, "what do you say, Julian? Wanna give us some pointers to make our club like yours?"

Julian shook his head, putting out his own joint on the ashtray that sat in the middle of us. "Yeah. Place it in the middle of New York."

"Hey! We placed ours in the middle of Chicago," Rafe muttered drunkenly.

We've been in New York for three weeks now. After having our first meeting with Julian and after he agreed, we kept making trips down. Having meetings and discussing business. Making the deal was a lot easier than I thought. Julian and I got along, but I could tell it took a lot for him to agree with us. And for some reason he wouldn't step foot in Chicago, maybe that should have given me a reason to be suspicious, but I overheard Sergio and Adrian talking about a woman that lived there. So I guessed that was why.

Dario and Joseph sat on my other side. Half drunk and downing even more shots with Sergio and Lorenzo. Julian's cousins.

"Hey, we have a plane to catch in the morning. Slow down," I snapped at them. They both laughed like it was fucking funny. I didn't want to sit on a plane and have to deal with their hangovers.

"Can I ask for a favor when you get back?" Julian asked suddenly, his eyes were casted down as he rolled a joint between his fingers.

"Sure," I muttered, glancing at the dance floor and trying to sought out my next fuck. There were many options to choose from. Many. But for some fucking reason I was being extra picky this week.

"I need you to check on someone for me."

I looked at Julian, "just give me a name," I said. Guess I was right afterall.

"Elisia Delivaga. She moved about a year ago. I just want a location and maybe even if you see her tell her to pick up my fucking calls."

Before I could ask him who she was he spoke again, "you know what, don't even bother to give me a location, just find her and when you do find her, tell her I sent you. I want a call from her in at least a day."

It was hard to imagine Julian stressed over a woman. But I was looking at him right now and he was feeling many things other than stress.

Sergio bursted out laughing, "she's going to kill you." He muttered to his brother.