iii

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

the school day passes..semi-normally. tyler messes around, does no work, argues. he sees rakim a lot more, too. in the hallways, walking to class, hanging in the stairway. he always smiles at him.

tyler thinks he still slightly hates ramim. a shit ton more kids approach him and ask him if hes the kid from the paper. and its annoying.

its lunchtime, and he sits himself down at the table there group sits at. but hes the only person there, so far. he must be early, which is strange because normally jaspers here as soon as the bell rings, fatass. tyler sits there for a while, trying to act busy on his phone. but hes really got nothing to do. eventually, however, taco comes over.

..with fucking rakim.

"what the fuck? tyler mumbles, as the two approach. taco smirks at tyler, dapping him up.

"tyler, where was you yesterday?" he says, sitting down. rakim follows. "man i thought you got kidnapped."

tyler shrugs, but he cant keep his eyes off rakim. "yeah, y'know. why the fuck is he here?"

"oh -" taco spoke, turning to rakim. "rakim, this is -"

"yeah. i know tyler." he smiles at him.

"oh yeah. you wrote that paper about him."

rakim smirks, nervously. "yeah, and he also crashed over at mine yesterday."

tacos eyes widened. "wait, what?" and he turned to tyler, with this stupid betrayed look in his face. but tyler thinks hes the only person who had the right to feel betrayed.

"since when were you friends with this ng—"

"why is your boyfriend here?" jasper mumbled, sliding his tray down. frank slid beside him.

tyler covered his face in his palms as rakim looked, brows furrowed. wait what—

"are you guys gonna go to the school fair, or whatever?" syd asked as she sat down, snatching a fry from jaspers plate. her eyes diverted to the table, and then to rakim, and then tyler, and then taco, and then rakim again.

"i'm confused." she said.

"your confused?" tyler echoed. "im fucking confused. this ngas friends with the dickhead who wrote about me." he pointed at taco.

rakim turned around. "i thought we were over that —

"we're not friends -" taco argued. then rakim looked at him, mouth twisted.

"nga. we're not friends?!" he said, offended.

"thats not what i—"

"okay. everyone, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" tyler yelled, slamming his hands on the table. the group immediately turned to him. he thought for a minute what to say, then pointed to taco. "okay, you speak your shit first."

"okay." taco nodded. "me and rakim are in the same media studies class. i told him i liked his shit, we started talkin', we continued talkin', then ended talkin' all the way here. thats it."

"you like his shit." tyler said, suspicoisly, squinting at him. "the shit - as in the paper. in which he wrote about me."

taco groaned. "your such a fucking child. i liked his shit even before the thing about you came out-"

"i still dont know what media studies is." earl mumbled as him and domo approached the table. "fuck. tylers boyfriends here." he said, clearly trying to whisper. but the whole fucking table heard it.