𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

☾ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜꜱ ☽

»»-------≪ °❈° ≫-------««

Never has Regulus encountered someone who occupies his mind as much as Freya Montgomery does.

It isn't so much her beauty as it is her mind. If that were so, he'd assume her to be a veela, because he often finds himself overwhelmed with an unfathomable desire to be in her presence. She is captivating in every way, and he is more than willing to be captive.

The problem with that, of course, lies with the fact that Freya seems to avoid him like he's been riddled with a horrid case of dragonpox. Which puts a damper on not only his desires, but much more importantly his task.

Although her refusal to even glance his way could be considered impasse, Regulus still finds at least some clarity by diving into her mind. That is how he discovered the darling new student is cognizant of what the concealment charm obscures upon his left forearm. This is a potential issue, a definitive one really, but for now he resolves to only keeping an eye on her.

Not that Regulus wouldn't have anyway. To many it'd be unsettling, it is especially for himself — that's why he doesn't daresay it aloud — but he enjoys to watch her. Even when she isn't near, he'll leap through the minds of people who had been adjacent to Freya that day.

That's how he learns she's exceptionally talented in Transfiguration, but complete rubbish in Herbology. That Vance, captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, was elated to recruit her as a seeker after tryouts. And that nearly every male who crosses her path thinks of her in ways that makes Regulus' skin crawl.

And that is how skimming through Kingsley Shacklebolt's mind led him to the discovery that she transferred from Ilvermorny. This particular piece of information almost cost him the secrecy of his legilimency during his first — and so far, last —encounter with Freya Montgomery. Regulus is never one to let his guard down, but it is arduous work to keep up when he's around the girl.

Just the idea of her brings a sort of sensation that he has never experienced before. Perhaps its a mere crush, or maybe it's borderline obsession. All he knows is that Freya Montgomery is like a drug, and he needs to detox himself from the fascination of her. This is not the Montgomery that should occupy his thoughts.

"Are you even fucking listening to this, Reg?"

Exasperated, Regulus peeks over his shoulder to his two friends who are no doubt in a foolishly heated bickerment. Sometimes, more often than not, he feels as though he's third wheeling with an old married couple.

"Somebody stole my notes," Evan seethes through gritted teeth. He shoves his index finger harshly into Barty's chest. "And I know it was you."

Barty only stares back at him with a supercilious gaze through half-lidded eyes. "Why would I steal your notes when I'm literally smarter than you?"

"Why would I steal your notes when I'm literally the biggest ponce here?" Evan mocks in a high-pitched voice.

"Enough," is all Regulus has to say for the other two to silence their incessant arguing, but not without a few scowls at each other. "Keep walking."

The three of them venture through a secret tunnel that Evan once caught Remus Lupin slip through behind a one-eyed witch statue on the third floor. That was their third year, and it wasn't until the next term that Regulus discovered it requires a password, Dissendium, to grant access. This he learned, unexpectantly, by invading the mind of Sirius. They may not speak, but Regulus likes to keep tabs on his brother from afar.