𝐗𝐈𝐈

☾ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜꜱ ☽

»»-------≪ °❈° ≫-------««

Acid Pops were evidently a lie on Freya Montgomery's part, but a mistake on Regulus as well, considering he should have read her mind. So today Regulus once again arrives to his Defense Against Dark Arts class early with a much finer gift: a Sneakoscope. It's a beautiful piece, made of the finest white-gold, and topped with a sapphire gemstone. The choice of gem certainly isn't a coincidence, but rather a ploy in hopes that it'd spark interest to Ezra Montgomery and influence him to reveal his own puissant sapphire.

Of course, Regulus is no fool. Sneakoscopes are a type of dark detector, and he is not only gifted in the Dark Arts, but he serves a man that very well may be considered the most powerful dark wizard of all time.

When he first purchased it, the incessant object immediately sensed his ill intent. The sapphire top lit up, spun out of control, and whistled piercingly loud. The clerk at Borgin and Burkes had become insanely paranoid, thinking a thief snuck inside, disregarding the fact that Regulus could be the culprit; because why would someone involved with the dark arts purchase such an object?

And so Regulus tampered the device, along with Barty's help because he is quite literally a mastermind genius. Now the Sneakoscope cannot detect any person who holds the Dark Mark, and most importantly, Regulus himself.

As expected, Professor Montgomery sits upon the teacher's desk with his legs criss-crossed. Today his sandy hair isn't pulled back into a bun, it falls flat to this shoulders, and he wears robes that have a blend of bright colours; the type of outfit that hippie wizards would wear to a festival.

The golden snitch leaves his hands, but he doesn't snatch it back. Fluttering translucent wings speed towards Regulus, and only a moment later with agile and stealth, he holds the tiny ball in his hands. Per usual, a grin of sunny disposition reaches Professor Montgomery's youthful eyes.

"I can't wait to see you on the pitch, Black."

"First match is Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw," Regulus reminds him through an amused tone, "I can only hope my skills are up to par to Freya's."

"Ah, yes, my sister..." say Montgomery, voice trailing as his expression has fallen into one of solemnity. He pushes himself off the desk. Regulus knows what is coming, a thank you, but he meanders to the shelves of books against a wall, he runs his fingers along the spines of the large leather-bound tomes. A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions, The Dark Arts Outsmarted, Self-Defensive Spellwork. This is a professor who is truly determined to see his students succeed. A pity, indeed. Professor Montgomery watches from behind him, a gleam of gratitude in his eyes. "Words can't even begin to describe how grateful I am that you were there. Thank you."

"No need," Regulus assures with a dismissive wave of his hand. He turns to face him again, wields his classic charismatic smile, and pulls the gift from the inside of his robes' pockets. The Professor appears too stunned to speak as it's forced into his hands. "For you, sir."

Montgomery observes it, delicately turning it to take in all of the beauty, and Regulus can see the way his eyes light up at the sapphire tip. "A white-gold sneakoscope. Oh my, Mr. Black, I can't take this."

"Sure you can. It's the perfect gift for a Defence Against The Dark Arts professor." Regulus pushes his hands back when he tries to return the Sneakoscope. The Black heir bites back a triumphant smirk, just by the expression of admiration upon the Professor's face, he knows the target has been drawn into his orbit. "I've heard the Montgomery line has a history with sapphires," he continues, forcefully casual and nonchalant, "I thought it'd be a nice touch."