𝐗𝐈𝐕

☾ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜꜱ ☽

»»-------≪ °❈° ≫-------««

As Regulus and Freya saunter to the Astronomy Tower, students that pass by shoot them odd glances. He can hear their thoughts of curiosity, questioning the unlikely pair. Freya hadn't asked where he is taking her, and if she's afraid, she contains her fear. They stroll side by side, and Regulus is very aware of the way their hands brush against each other's every so often.

As Regulus leads her past the Bell Tower, he spots Tommy McLaggen with a group of his friends, and the Gryffindor watches them through narrowed eyes. Freya doesn't seem to notice, because she keeps her face forward as she walks. Fuckin' Regulus Black, he hears McLaggen think, half-resigned, half-sullen, Guess when Black wants something, it doesn't take him long to get it. Regulus inwardly smirks to himself.

Another bend of a corridor and Freya abruptly stiffens at his side, her breath hitches. When her hand brushes against his, this time it's shaky. Regulus realises the particular cause of her sudden tension, and the amusement he felt quickly fell into fiery rage. 

Mulciber and Avery both sit upon one of the stone window sills. Both of their expressions form into scathing sneers when they notice them. Regulus grits his teeth, fists clenched tightly at his sides as he imagines them pounding into their faces. The only thing that distract him from the idea is the panic that brews inside Freya's mind. 

Regulus' hand reaches out to her of its own volition, and he lets just the palm of his hand graze her lower back, gently urging her forward. Her shoulders relax at his touch, and he keeps his arm there until they reach the staircase of the Astronomy Tower, Mulciber and Avery left behind in the corridor and out of sight. A considerable sense of silence stretches between them until they reach the seventh floor.

"Here we are," says Regulus.

Freya eyebrows stitch together in confusion as she peers at the stone wall, then diverts her attention across the hall at the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. "You're fucking with me, right?"

"No, I swear," Regulus promises. Truthfully, he's never brought anyone to the Come and Go Room, not even Barty or Evan. It appeared to him in a time of need last term, when he was in shambles over losing Sirius and desperate for privacy, but he wants to see what it would form as for Freya. "Walk past this area three times and think of what you need. After the third pass, the door will be revealed."

She tilts her head in a disbelieving way, hands upon her hips. "You think I'm stupid?"

"Don't you trust me?"

"I'm still iffy on that."

Regulus rolls his eyes. "Alright, if nothing happens, I give you full permission to punch me in the face."

The hint of a smirk plays on one side of her mouth. "Okie dokie, tough guy."

Freya follows his directions exactly as he said. After her third walk past, she wheels around so quickly that her hair whips with her. A tremendously polished door appears in the stone wall, and she peeks over her shoulder at Regulus with an amazed twinkle in her eyes. She reaches out to seize the brass handle, pulls the door open, and Regulus follows her into a greatly spacious room.

Regulus is just as enchanted as Freya. She twirls around, her face glowing as she takes it all in. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe the room. One wall is lined with wooden bookcases, the shelves so filled that even more books stack on top of them. 

The room holds a comfortable atmosphere, orange lighting that permeates a soft and warm hues. Plants are everywhere,  flowers in bloom, with calm pastels and soulful browns.