𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

ꜰʀᴇʏᴀ

»»-------≪ °❈° ≫-------««

Freya has never been to an underground rave, but she imagines this is similar. Electronic dance music is at full blast, it booms so loudly that the ground beneath her feet vibrates, and she questions the strength of Kingsley's muffliato charm. 

The Ravenclaw common room has been cleared of it's furniture to create an open space for people to come together, and the carpet is hidden by the multitude of dancing feet. Students of all houses join their celebratory party.

Everybody covers their bodies with fluorescent paint, the colours glow bright and neon in the flashes of blacklight that strobe to the beat of every song. It's a valiant effort for Freya to stand still as Pandora paints her face, but the alcohol that courses through her veins intertwined with the pulsating music makes it impossible for her body not to sway. 

Eventually, a widespread grin stretches across Pandora's lips as she drops the brush. She holds Freya at arm's length to examine her critically, then nods with approval. 

A small mirror is held up for her own inspection, and Freya looks in awe at the myriad of neon rainbows that blend together to create a work of art upon her skin. Amidst the details at the end of each eyelid is a golden snitch

Freya shakes her head with amused disbelief. "You magnificent artist."

Of course, it is quite difficult to hear each other over the cacophony of hoots, cackles, and wails. Wordlessly, Pandora pours them both shots, and they link their arms through each others' before throwing the liquid down their throats. 

 Afterwards, Freya is dragged through the crowd by her friend. They dance together, twisting and turning, holding hands as they switch sides. Some people are on their own, jumping as they thrusts their fists in the air, other couples grind against each other. Regardless, the lively energy that radiates off everyone is invigorating, and it all makes Freya's synapses fire wildly. 

As Freya twirls, she releases her ponytail and shakes out wavy blond hair. Pandora teases her with a whistle. Despite the eyes of nearby boys that watch them, they continue to move with the rhythm carelessly. Arms flailing in the sky above her, Freya whirls around and whoops her excitement into the sweat-stained, smoky air. 

A hand suddenly grabs hers and she is swung backward, dipped low, then soared upwards. The flashing colours momentarily blind her, and she touches the ground again, skidding to a smiling, breathless halt. 

"Monty," says Evan Rosier through a raised voice. "Fancy seeing you here." 

"Rossi!" Freya exclaims excitedly. Probably motivated by drunkenness, she throws her arms around him in a hug, though it isn't entirely strange. Evan has quickly snuck his way into a soft spot of her heart. "Is the rest of you here?"

With convulsive snickers, Evan gestures past a few bodies, where Barty Crouch Jr. dances like a madman, his shirt unbuttoned and tie wrapped around his head. When the boy catches their looks, his dilated pupils are noticeable even at a distance. 

"My body feels like a fucking noodle on a string!" Barty shouts at them through boisterous laughter.

"Ev!" Pandora greets her brother with enthusiasm, her hips still swaying to the beat. "You made it!" 

Evan, though, narrows darkened eyes with a hardened expression as he takes in the sight of his sister. "What the fuck are you wearing, Dora?"

"Oh, don't start," Pandora says wryly. She wears a tiny skirt with a pale pink lace top that accentuates her perky breasts. A cute outfit to many, but apparently a nightmare to Evan.