Chapter 1: Prologue

Author's Note: Welcome and thank you to everyone who came from my previous book, "See You Again", which this book is a sequel to. To everyone who hasn't read that book yet, if it interests you, please read it before reading it. But if you don't want to, this chapter will be a recap/ continuation. You don't have to read the first book before reading it, I'm writing the book so that you can enjoy this one as it's own individual story as well. Please enjoy the story!

Kim Minji, the youngest billionaire in South Korea. Old people want their kids to be just like her, young people aspire to be her. Pretty, rich, influential, and everything in between. She was perfect, at least to the public.

But deep down, Minji regret one thing, seeing Haerin behind Hanni's back while they were still in a relationship. She even kissed Haerin while Hanni were just behind them, watching. That day, part of Minji broke, and was never repaired, until, well, this moment.

"Ms Kim, there's someone here to see you," Hyein said. Hyein has now became Minji's personal assistant.

"Hyein, I don't have any appointment today," She glanced at her schedule, "And I told you for the millionth time just call me Minji." She rolled her eyes playfully.

At that moment, a shorter girl appeared next to Minji, with a slight smile. Even though it's been well over a decade, that perfume she used was still the same. The same height, the same smile, the same stature, Minji could recognise instantly who she was.

A smile immediately lit up on her face, before she tried concealing it, seemingly presenting to be cool.

"Hello Minji," The girl said, with the same voice.

"Hello Hanni," Minji replied, her heart beating as fast as it beated for the girl 10 years ago. Nothing changed about how she felt about Hanni.

As if her prayers have been answered, everyday Minji wished to go back to the past and tell Hanni how much she loved her, and not to let her go. Now, the girl was right in front of her.

They stared at each other, before Hyein awkwardly broke the silence, "I'm going to leave you two alone..."

She quickly but silently crept out of the room before shutting the door.

Hanni seemed to snap out of her trance, "Long time no see?"

"Yea, I thought you promised to visit me once you came back to Korea?" Minji asked, pulling out a chair for Hanni to seat in.

"Thanks," Hanni flashed an attractive smile at Minji, which made her heart melt. She adverted Minji's eyes, before continuing, "But I wasn't ready to see you yet... Not after..."

Minji nodded, cringing at the thought that she had thrown away the love of her life just for Haerin. And yet, Haerin wasn't even with her right now.

"Well, what are you doing here?" Minji questioned, raising her eyebrows. She ran towards the counter behind her, pouring a glass of water, "Water? Tea? Coffee?"

"Coffee will be great," Hanni replied. As Minji smirked and recalled the exact order Hanni would get everyday before school, she presented the perfectly brewed drink in front of the girl.

"You remembered!" Hanni squealed, shocked. She took a sip before widening her eyes, "It's so good!"

"Of course," Minji said, proud of herself. She had prepared for this moment for 10 years, everyday, she had imagine scenarios with Hanni if she came back, she was ready, if Hanni was too.

"I'm actually here to talk about business," Hanni coughed, sliding away the cup of coffee. "My company, TokkiLand, has been looking for a sponsor for our new project. And after careful consideration, I think your company would be a perfect fit."

"Congratulations about your company by the way, I heard you built it yourself," Minji praised, she had been paying close attention to Hanni's success. In fact, some of Hanni's recent partners were all because Minji pulled some strings, but she would never admit this to Hanni. "So what is your project about?" She pretended to be curious, no matter what, she wouldn't give up on the opportunity with Hanni, not after what she did.

"We're actually going to be expanding our company, we're going to start including a food department," Hanni explained, "We're going to be producing Korean's favourite Kimchi," She slid a business portfolio on the table, which Minji sat down on the chair opposite her and started reading, "All of the ingredients will be homemade, and not processed. We aim for the healthiest, and tasties consumables."

Minji hummed, "So what makes you choose Kim Interprise?"

Hanni shrugged, "Knowing your influence in Korea here, it would be a waste of opportunity not to collaborate with you. And of course, being childhood friends helps the consideration process as well."

Minji lingered on the word "friends" for too long, weren't they something more?

"Look Hanni, I'm very sorry about..." Minji apologised, before getting cut off by Hanni.

"It's okay Minji," She raised her palm in front of her face, "I'm over it. Seriously. I'm just here to do business. Let's not talk about what happened before."

Minji sighed, she knew that if she wanted to have a second chance with Hanni, it would be a arduous process. But at least now she had a starting point.

"You're right..." She chewed on her lips, dissatisfied. It had really seemed like Hanni had moved on. Not wanting to press on the matter even more, she continued, "We would love to work with you. If you would just write down your contact information here," Minji took out a piece of paper and a pen.

Hanni shook her head, "You can just contact me through my old phone number."

Minji eyed her skeptically, "You blocked me, remember?"

That seemed to make Hanni frantic as her cheeks became red once again, she chuckled awkwardly, "Yes, omg, sorry."

"But still, I would need your company's email address, just to contact your department for urgent matter, it's procedure," Minji said, pushing the piece of paper closer towards Hanni.

Hanni smiled as she wrote down: Tokkiland@gmail.com (Please don't try this email I don't own it lol).

"Thank you," Minji said, "See you around?"

Hanni's body seemed to shiver to hear the words come out of Minji's mouth, that were the exact words she said before they broke up.

"See you around," Hanni answered, before leaving the room.

As Minji watched Hanni slowly exit, she fist-pumped the air. "Finally! Hanni Pham is back!"

That was when Hyein appeared from behind the door again, "Boss, everyone can hear you..."

Minji peaked out of her office, with all of the colleague smiling and clenching their teeth awkwardly.

"Get back to work," She ordered, in her usual stern voice before going back to her office.

Please vote for the story if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!