Chapter 3: Same Place, Different Time

The next day, Hanni awkwardly approached Minji's office.

She couldn't sleep the whole night, thinking of how Minji kissed her neck as they were in the middle of explaining the project. Was Minji still crazy about her?

Surely not, Hanni thought: Minji was still the scumbag cheater she was 10 years ago, she was probably using me to play with my feelings again.

But still, after all that convincing, she still had feelings for Minji.

Something about that tall girl, how she smiled, how she talked. She deep voice, her stare, everything about her.

Hanni slapped herself, "Come on Hanni Pham, resist!"

Frankly, if Minji was not so influential in South Korea, Hanni would not be on her doorstep, waiting for an opportunity to work with her.

Her work in Australia was more than phenomenal. She had always find the immense of people waiting to collaborate her to build her new company strange, but she just shook it off.

Little did she know, her lover did everything for her.

"Hey Minji," Hanni said, looking into the dark orbs of the beautiful girl in front of her.

"Hanni!" Minji exclaimed, raising the little girl up while hugging her, making her fling her little legs desperately reaching back for the ground. Minji seemed to realise her sudden enthusiasm before placing Hanni back down and clenching her teeth, she scratched the back of her head, clearly embarrassed. "I didn't expect you to come today, I didn't have anything planned or new to present to you yet."

"Nah, I came for the lunch today, remember? You told me we're getting lunch," Hanni smirked.

That seemed to get the reaction that Hanni had wanted, she looked at the eager Minji, satisfied.

"I thought you would never ask Hanni Pham!" Minji took Hanni's hand and skipped gleefully to a coffee shop.

Even though Hanni haven't been here for a long time, the place still hasn't changed a single bit.

This place had a fond, but bittersweet memory with her.

This was the place where Minji and her met, but also the place where they separated.

"Don't worry," Minji reassured her, taking in Hanni's refusal to go into the store, "Kit-" Minji held herself back from calling Haerin her nickname. "Haerin's not working here anymore."

Hanni looked at Minji skeptically, before laughing sarcastically "I would hope not."

As they took a seat by the window, the waitress handed over a pair of menus.

"Wow, this place did change a lot," Hanni commented, seeing how the menu no longer only consisted of sandwiches and coffees but instead included full meals as well.

"Yea, the food here's pretty awesome too," Minji praised. "Ready to order?"

Hanni nodded. She raised her hand for a waiter to come.

A young, waitor ran over, before pulling a notebook out of his apron wrapped on his waist, "What would you couples like?"

Minji scoffed at that comment while Hanni choked on the water, spitting it on the table.

"We're... we're not a couple," Minji remarked awkwardly, pointing towards her and Hanni.

"My apologies ma'am," The waitor said kindly, before asking again, "What would you two like?"

"I would get, the cabonara pasta here," Minji said, pointing on the menu where a picture of the dish was printed.

Hanni added, "And I would like to get the tomato spaghetti, thank you."

"Of course," The waitor noted down their choices of food before taking their menus away from their hands, "I'll be back with your dishes asap."

Minji smiled.

As the waitor walked away, Hanni whispered, "Hey, the boy's pretty cute isn't he?"

In reality, Hanni didn't find the waitor attractive, she just wanted to see Minji jealous.

Minji bite her lower lips, the expected reaction boiling in her stomach. Hearing Hanni compliment the waitor made Minji furious, "Hanni, you're 29! He's looks 15!"  She argued, smacking Hanni's backpalm.

"Okay okay," Hanni smiled, knowing that she had gotten Minji jealous, "I was just joking."

"You better be," Minji muttered under her breath. She had thought Hanni was not able to hear it, but the corner of Hanni's lips raised up after she said that.

Subsequently, when the guy handed over their food, only Hanni thanked him for his service. With Minji rudely snatching the food from the waitor's hand.

As they digged in, both of them ate as if this was their last meal.

They patted their stomach happily, "I'm so full." They said.

As they looked at each other, they realise the paste of their food still lingered on their mouth. Both of them grabbed the piece of handkerchief on the table in sync, and leaned forward in attempt to wipe each other's mouth.

But when they did that, both of them lunged forward together and their eyes were meet, just inch apart from each other.

They stared into each other, before helping the other wipe off the stain from their mouth.

While doing it, Hanni can't help but to notice how full Minji's lips had gotten, and how she would like to be able to kiss it...

No! Hanni thought. She's here to work, not to start a relationship with Minji again.

As they paid the bill, Minji insisted on not tipping the waitor.

"He didn't even do a good job," She said, with the waitor waiting awkwardly next to them, hearing their whole conversation. Minji didn't care though, she wanted to insult the waitor, the more the better, "He only brought us our food, even I could go to the kitchen to fetch it if I wanted to."

"Sorry," Hanni apologised, before leaving a generous sum of money on the table. With the young waitor picking it up, his eyes lit up and he thanked Hanni profusely, before jumping in joy. "Doesn't hurt to be nice Minji." She scolded.

Minji crossed her arms like a baby throwing a tantrum as she pouted cutely, trying to get Hanni to melt in front of her.

And melt did Hanni, her mouth let out an "awwww", before she realised and sealed her mouth shut.

Stupid Hanni! She thought to herself.

Minji smiled: Maybe Hanni still has feelings for me afterall.

Please vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!