The Lady That Broke The Commander (Oneshot #1)

-What Agnes Thought When She Saw Riftan After Maxi Left-

The estate happily bustled as Agnes accompanied her a tired noble to their guest chambers. The "happy" couple, Eliza Rueben and Rosetta Croyso Rueben, were throwing a spectacular ball to celebrate the birth of the newest heir to the Whedon Empire. She shivered thinking of Rosetta. Being born a beautiful daughter, that was easy, but to be sold away for your father's ego seemed torturous. Supposedly, being the daughter of Duke Croyso was torturous enough.

As she neared closer, the ballroom down the hall of the castle almost simultaneously went quiet. She could no longer hear the excited murmurs about her brother's new baby. All she could manage was hushed voices and the sound of the orchestra. The violin squeaked nervously as ever. 

Sir... Commander... Lord... Baron...? 

No matter the title, she could sense it.

Riftan Calypse was here.

She lapped out the entry doors, nervously twisting her long blond hair around her finger.

The last time she had seen the man was 2 years ago when she had convinced Maximilian to fled to Nornui for her husbands sake. The shocking truth of how the Duke treated his sickly eldest daughter in those isolated castle walls came out in the courtroom. The mystery of Maximilian Croyso had been uncovered. That poor, gentle, sweet, lovely woman in which who she saw herself in was exposed to such awful horrors. By her own father, sickening. 

She swung the doors open confidently before striding into the tense ballroom. Observing the crowd, his tall frame was nowhere insight. New conversations bustled around her when she overheard a certain noble talking about the betrayal of Ruth Serbel. How could she help herself?

She had snuck her way into Count William's conversation for several minutes until the doors to her father's office flourished forward as the talk of the hour emerged out from behind them.

Riftan Calypse. Wedon's strongest knight, the reincarnation of Uiguru himself unhappily strided in, not bothering to glance down at the faces below him. 

Even the conversation the royal highness was in hushed quickly. Curios face watch the tan man like he was an exhibit in a public institution. Seemingly, his face was colder before. Somehow that man had grown more distant, more eerie. She paused for a moment, observing him herself, forgetting who she was.

Lord, was she scared of Rift an?                                                                                                                                        No. She simply can't be scared.

"Calypse, you made it?" She chirped humorously, breaking the whispering silence in the room.

Her brother stood close by her side, at the young age of 18 he had become a father. Shockingly.

"It's been awhile, Her Majesty the Princess." He spoke blankly.

She watched as Eliza and the knight interacted. Their stagering differences. Riftan, the age of 26, cold, big, strong leaning down so he can hear the young prince.

She watched the two interact, her brother acting as if he had know him for years. Or maybe acting as if he was talking to his uncle. Eagerly awaiting his presents for his wife's painful birth.