Chapter 1: A Small Dinner

3rd person TW SA
"Y'know Sal, we aren't kids anymore." Sal's beloved Wife, Ash said leaning in the doorway to their shared bedroom, " Maybe you should take those piercings out for this dinner."

Now, Sal was a practical man. He knew exactly when too much was too much. As a frequent cross dresser he was very critical of his wardrobe. He knew what to wear and when to wear it. It was this discretion that lead him to wear his current baby blue button-up, navy slacks, and polished black dress shoes. His long blue hair tucked neatly into a bun. Sal looked good and he knew it. However his wifes comment made him pause. Was he too old for his piercings?

He only had two holes in his earlobes that held plain black studs. He had gotten the first set as a high school freshman in Jersey. Dared to do it by the people he had called friends at the time. He liked the look so much he got his second set done with Ash and Todd his junior year. Now that he was almost 23 was it time to take them out? Would Ash's boss really mind that much?

" Are you sure? Devin hasn't said anything about it before." The shorter man asked looking over at his wife.

" He hasn't said anything to you about it Sal. But he's mentioned it. Even the other guys in the office laugh about it sometimes." The Brunette hissed out. Ash had chosen to take sentry in the doorway, back pressed into the frame. Her honey hazel eyes filled to the brim with annoyance and disappointment. She looked like a tired mother scolding a petulant child.

" How do you think that makes me feel? I spend 40 hours a week with these men. I'm a laughing stock to them because my husband looks so childish all the time."

" I'm sure your misreading the situation, babe. Devin and the guys aren't exactly timid. I'm sure they would bring it up to me if it actually bothered them"

" What the hell is that supposed to mean? You think I'm overreacting or some shit? Because trust me Sally Face I can tell when someone is laughing at me. I'm not fucking blind."

" That's not what I'm saying at all--"

" Why are you fighting me so much on this!? It's just hunks of plastic and I'm only asking you take them out for the night! I don't think I'm asking too much! "

"Well they might just be ' hunks of plastic' but I like the way they look. I don't think anyone notices them enough for it to be an issue"

" Fucking thanks, Sally. I ask you to do something so fucking simple for me, so I look better in front of my co-workers! But that's too much, isn't it? The princess needs her precious fucking earrings!"

Sal had to ask himself was this argument worth it? They had a nice night on the town planned. Drinks and dinner with Ash's boss and co-workers. Ash might have been right. They were just earrings, he probably shouldn't let them get in the way of their good night. However a tiny microscopic part of him wanted to refuse and fight more. The edgy teen metalhead in him would fight that it's his right to express himself as much as he wanted. But he wasn't a teen anymore. Why ruin their good night over something so small?

So with a sigh Sal lifted his hands to ears and began undoing the metal clasps to his earring. Hands that used to be freshly manicured and painted black at all times until Ash convinced him it was a waste of time and money. He didn't want to argue then and he didn't want to argue now. Ash didn't seem the slightest bit appeased. Her posture was still stiff and closed off in the doorway.

" So...that's it?" Ash sneered. Her glare firmly set on her husbands figure. She moved out of her lean on the door frame and slowly made her way into the room to stand before Sal.

" So...is what it?" Sal retorted while dispensing his earrings next to his glass of saline solution on his bedside table.

" So, no apology at all?" The woman humorlessly laughed. She stepped even closer to the shorter man. Invading Sal's personal space." You want to ignore my concerns, be a nuisance, and cause us to be late to dinner with my boss? And not even a half-assed sorry!?"