Chapter 7: void

Tw: ABUSE AND HOMPHOBIA
             Ash's Pov -hours after the incident-
I woke up dazed and glanced around my bedroom, not seeing any sign of my husband. It's weird of him to not be here and it made me upset. I looked around, but no luck. I felt really mad and picked up my phone to text him, only to find his, buzzing from the notification. Suddenly, the memories came back to me. Sal on the ground teary eyed, and maskless. Me yelling  and slamming the door- shit. I run outside of the apartment, hoping to find Sal, only to be met with emptiness. I quickly went to our neighbor, Travis' apartment to check if he had seen him. As he opened the door, he stared at me in disgust and walked into the hallway, closing the door behind him gently.

                      Travis POV
I felt my anger bubble inside me as that wretched woman stared back at me. My words were festering inside me, begging to get out, begging to completely destroy her verbally. I now understand why Robert couldn't stand this abusive bitch. "Why the hell are you here? Haven't you gotten tired of hurting Sal?" I watch as she stood there, shocked. Her voice raised quickly, "I WOULD NEVER HURT HIM! HOW DARE YOU! I JUST WANT TO SEE MY HUSBAND BEFORE YOU TURN HIM INTO A LITTLE FAG LIKE YOU!" I stood there stunned as the slur slid off of her tongue. Before I could get a word back the door was opened. We both stood there, looking at Sal who was staring at Ash, completely void of emotion. "Ashley, I'm done with your bullshit." He walked closer and stood right in front of her, without a hint of fear in his voice. "We are getting a divorce, whether you like it or not..."

Author's note!! This chapter is very short because I wanted to get it out quickly!