Chapter 8

The next morning, Sunghoon was up and ready to head to school— but then he remembered that it was Saturday. The events from last night flashed through his head, alarming the boy once again. He decided to give up on liking Lia; it's been years since he had been chasing after her, but there was no tension between them. They just weren't meant to be. She could never like him— and although he had the looks, he thought, maybe he just wasn't the one for her.

He lay in bed, scrolling through his phone early in the morning, waiting for his mom to step inside the room and throw pillows at him. But there was silence for a while, so he assumed his mom left for work early. He was bummed out. He wanted to spend some time with her to forget about Lia, but guess today just wasn't his day. Maybe he was bound to feel sad.

While shifting, tossing, and turning in his bed, he halted when he saw a notification from Heeseung on Instagram. He sat up, rubbing his eyes to clear his vision, and clicked on the notification.

Hee

Penguin, are you not gonna tell me about yesterday?
— Did everything go well?
— Did you ask her out?

Hey good morning
No, I didn't get to ask her because someone Showed up :(

— Who showed up?

You know Jay
The senior, he's kinda famous ig

— Ah him

— Yeah, I know him

— He's nice

— I think he's also into Lia

Yeah, ik, it's pretty obvious tbh

He bought her a milkshake bc he bumped into her

— Well, that's sad, are you feeling alr?

I'm fine, hee
Thanks for worrying ^^

— I'm not worried, just saying...

— Well anyways, are you gonna rot at home all day?

Yeah. Mom's not here.

—K then, I'm coming.

Excuse me bitch, who invited you?

—Me