Chapter 17

The gymnasium was bustling with the large crowds of people. The basketball court outside the school was filled with senior classmen, debating about whatever nonsense they could come up with. The classrooms were pitch black– completely empty– except for the senior classes. It was the day of the dance which everyone had been awaiting for. The student council team was lined up against the entrance, welcoming students as they marched through the door, smiles visibly plastered on their faces.

Everyone wore something fancy– though Sunghoon noticed some people attending the dance, wearing something simple such as a spongebob shirt and baggy jeans. Understandable, he thought. It was around 5 in the afternoon when most people started arriving. And by 5:35, half of the gymnasium was filled with the chatters of people, and the light humming of some random pop music.

The student council was told to wear a suit in order to look more friendly and professional, but everyone in the group hated it, including Sunghoon. His vest made him look thin– and he loathed looking like a barbed stick. I mean, he didn't really look like one– but from his perspective, he thought he looked like a vertical stick.

"Welcome!" He said it for the nth time today, plastering his capitalist smile. The girl smiled back and ran to her friends the moment she entered the room. "Man, how long is this gonna go for?" Jake asked, folding his arms. "I thought we'd be havin' fun, instead we're stuck here, welcoming people like we're some fucking butlers.."

"I know..." Sunghoon mumbled. "One of the staff told us to stay here until 6:50 somethin' and he said that the teachers will take over the door, then," Lia said and everyone sighed in relief. They all thought they'd be standing by the door for the rest of the party.

Sunghoon couldn't stop thinking about Heeseung. He wondered when the guy would show up (if he will) and would he be excited to see him? Although Heeseung was part of the council team, that man somehow bailed out on guarding the door, and his reasoning was something like, "Jay needs me today. Sorry hoon."

This surely did disappoint Sunghoon, as he thought maybe they'd spend the time here chit-chatting with one another, but it looks like Heeseung had different plans.

After a while of waiting, Jungwon entered the dance, and Jake's eyes almost popped out of their sockets as he watched the tall boy charm his way through the entrance. He wore a black suit-top, entailed it with a few accessories and wore black trousers, topping that off with a black, silver-line belt.

"Yo guys, can you take over? Ima head over to Jungwon," Jake said, removing the card around his neck and handing it over to Lia, running off

"Yo guys, can you take over? Ima head over to Jungwon," Jake said, removing the card around his neck and handing it over to Lia, running off. Lia was about to persist, but the dude had already run off, simping over Jungwon.

"Dude, this is unfair... gosh.." one of the group members, Kyungmin, groaned. "My girlfriend is in the crowd, and I am stuck here."

Sunghoon exhaled a disheartened sigh, and placed a hand on his shoulder, comforting him. "Don't worry. It's about to be 6:50." The boy nodded and continued welcoming people who entered the party. But to no avail, Sunghoon didn't catch a glimpse of Heeseung entering.