Chapter 14

It was finally festival week; everyone— literally everyone- was excited, even the introverts. Sunghoon and the council group had been discussing the event for a while, and the members were more than elated thinking about a small break from the wallowing workload in the group. The members had been working hard the whole week to prepare for the festival. They had set up all the booths, organized the activities, and spread the word. Everyone was looking forward to having a great time! They were planning to make the event memorable for everyone, so they planned a lot of activities. They organized a picnic, a dance party, and a movie marathon. They were also planning to invite a few special guests. They all needed a break from everything too, especially the seniors who would soon graduate and mend into the lives of adults.

Sunghoon had never been happier. He'd finally had the chance to hang out with Lia– all by himself, and with nobody else to bother him with. He had been pestering Heeseung to load him with more advice, and Sunghoon remembered how the tall boy sighed, reluctantly giving in and helping him out. He'd gotten closer to Heeseung quicker than ever. He also had the chance to befriend Jay.

At the beginning of his senior year, he thought he'd stay lonely and gape at Lia from afar like a maiden in distress, falling in love with the prince— but he felt a spark of interest when he noticed how close they both had gotten. His K-drama is just about to begin.

"Hey, Sunghoon. Where are the files for the reports?" Lia asked from the other side of the room. Sunghoon hummed, placing the papers down and walking up to her. "I think they're probably on the third shelf. Jake is the one who usually manages the reports and documents." Lia hummed and stepped aside for Sunghoon to reach over to the first shelf and grab the sheets.

"Here," sunghoon said, handing her the documents. The room sank into silence once again as they both busied themselves with work.

After a while, they plopped down on the couch as the sun was setting. Sunghoon was trying his utmost best to stay sane at the moment because being in a room alone with his crush was making him go insane.

"So, uh.. Lia.." He spoke up and the girl shifted her attention from the cell phone, staring at him from across the room. She still looked gorgeous despite being overly exhausted. "Do you wanna get...dinner?" He asked nervously, fiddling with the hem of his grey sweater. Truth was, he was planning to give up on Lia, but when Jay told him that he had no possible feelings for her, he decided to keep going. He couldn't put Heeseung's advice to waste.

He'd been waiting to ask her out— he asked Heeseung for a simple demonstration and the older gladly helped him. Just then, he felt heat rise to the tip of his ears as he remembered what had happened.

Two days ago

"Sunghoon, where the fuck is the notebook I gave you yesterday?" Heeseung slammed Sunghoon's locker, and the latter rolled his eyes. It's 7 in the fucking morning, and he was not here to deal with this bastard's bullshit.

"I already gave it to you yesterday after writing down the notes, remember?" He deadpanned and Heeseung leaned on the locker. "I don't see it." He simply stated, raising his brow. "You probably stole it. I took your place this month too," he said, his lips curving into a thin and sly smirk.

"Bitch, know your place. If I wanted to cheat, I would've cheated on Jungwon. That bitch is a reincarnation of Harry Potter himself," Sunghoon said, his voice trailing off the end as he imagined Jungwon holding a stick and staring at him with his boba eyes decorated with round, black frames. It was humorous.

"Oh, never mind, it's in my locker," Heeseung mumbled, rummaging through his locker. Sunghoon rolled his eyes in exasperation, and just then Jungwon and Jake stepped in front of them.