Part 38

Old Gala House Ghost Hunt

As darkness descends upon Galashiels, the Old Gala House, a formidable structure dating back to 1583, casts long, haunting shadows. This once grand residence of the Lairds of Galashiels, now a museum and gallery by day, morphs into a chilling playground of the supernatural by night.

This impressive building, once home to the Lairds of Galashiels, is now a vibrant museum and gallery, but when the sun sets, it transforms into a hub of paranormal activity.

The Old Gala House, originally a tower house built by the Pringle family in 1457, has been the stage for over 400 years of history. It has seen the rise and fall of families, the evolution of the town, and the passage of countless souls. The house is known for its painted ceiling dating from 1635, a testament to its rich past, and the Thomas Clapperton Room, dedicated to the locally-born sculptor.

As the night draws in, both staff and guests have reported a variety of eerie occurrences. Strange lights flicker in the corners of your eyes, and the statues adorning the house seem to shift when unobserved. The air is often filled with the disembodied sounds of children's laughter and a chilling, spectral whistling. Some have even reported the sensation of a tall man leaning over them, his presence as cold as the Scottish winter.