Part 35

EDINBURGH'S NIDDRY STREET VAULTS

The Niddry Street Vaults in Edinburgh hold a chilling reputation on the global stage, notorious for their relentless and intense paranormal occurrences. These shadowy vaults, lying beneath the city's bustling streets, have become a sought-after destination for seasoned ghost hunters, drawn by the extraordinary supernatural events that have been witnessed here time and again.

It is whispered that the infamous serial killers Burke & Hare once prowled these very vaults, hunting their prey in the darkness. The echoes of the past inhabitants' suffering still linger, a haunting reminder of a time filled with terror and despair.

Among the ghostly residents, a figure known as "The Watcher" has been glimpsed, his presence a foreboding shadow that looms over the vaults. Visitors have recounted hearing the unsettling sounds of children's cries, whispered conversations, soft whimpers, and the shuffling of unseen feet surrounding them in the darkness.

But the vaults hold more than just eerie sounds. Some have felt the cold grasp of invisible hands, a sensation of being pulled or touched by forces unseen. A particularly malevolent spirit seems to harbor a dark animosity towards the women who dare to explore these depths. Could this be the Cobbler, a spectral figure known to observe from the corners of the vaults, his intentions as mysterious as his gaze?

The Niddry Street Vaults invite you to experience the unexplainable, to confront the mysteries that dwell within. But be warned, for the ghosts of Niddry Street are restless, and their secrets are not easily revealed.