Part 40

GHOST HUNTS AT SCOTLAND'S SECRET BUNKER

This clandestine Cold War relic, buried 100 feet beneath the surface, has recently emerged as a hub of spectral activity, sparking intrigue and fascination among paranormal enthusiasts.

The Secret Bunker, once Scotland's best-kept secret, was concealed beneath an unassuming farmhouse. This nuclear command centre, equipped with specialist communications apparatus, was decommissioned in the late 1980s after serving its purpose for 40 years.

The bunker's long, foreboding corridor, which forms the entryway to this subterranean fortress, has been the backdrop for several ghostly sightings. In one instance, a photograph revealed the presence of two figures at the end of this corridor, their spectral forms captured in a chilling tableau.

In another room, once an office, a ghostly presence was caught on camera, appearing in one photo but absent in the one taken immediately before.

Matthew Pattinson, a visitor to the bunker, discovered these unsettling images on his phone after his visit. The spectral presence in the office photo seemed to resemble a sideways view of a person's head, a sight that sent chills down his spine.

The paranormal activity didn't cease with his visit; upon returning home, Matthew noticed objects in his bedroom inexplicably moving, and his phone's battery, which was new, was perpetually low.

The bunker's dormitory has been the site of several paranormal incidents. During a recent investigation, a woman felt ill and fainted just as a REM pod sensor alarm – a popular piece of ghost hunting equipment – went off.

Following this, the face of a man was seen at the dormitory window. Mediums have reported connections with several spirits, most of them former military personnel who worked there.

The Secret Bunker has been a popular place to spot ghosts since it opened to the public in 1994. The bunker's managing director, James Mitchell, regularly receives reports of alleged ghost sightings and would love to spot a ghost himself.