09 ‼️

Mingi was standing in front of the balcony of his room, looking off into the horizon. The sun had just dipped below the distant line, marking where land met the sky. His thoughts were lost in the orange and pink hues of the sunset. The breeze that floated by gently rippled through his hair, offering comfort while simultaneously reminding him how powerful yet fragile life can be.

It had been a month since Yunho went back to his kingdom. Mingi expected a message from him as he promised, yet received none. Even his messages have remained unread. He couldn't help but wonder what went wrong. Had he misunderstood Yunho's intentions? Did he do something wrong? Has anything happened to the Alpha on his way back home? Mingi sighed as a sense of loneliness washed over him. In the corner of his eyes, he saw the agonized stares of Wooyoung and San, full of worry. He was grateful for his friends, who always had his back. He knew he had his friends' support, but the ache in his heart remained as he thought about their unfinished story. He wondered if he would ever see him again and if this sparkling feeling inside of him was worth fighting for. He hoped that someday, he would find the answers he was looking for and that his heart would heal.

Wooyoung glanced at his mate and continued after the received head nod as a gesture.

"Mangiya... baby..."

"Did he too ditch me, Woo? Am I that unworthy?"

Mingi's eyes were still glued to the ignored messages. Wooyoung hastily wrapped a hand around the Omega bringing him to a cuddle. Mingi put his head on his shoulder sniffing his sweet vanilla scent to calm his scattered thoughts.

"He said they're going back to his home kingdom. Maybe they're busy bub. Don't overthink. Besides, he promised to come back, right?"

"But it has been enough time already!! I think he just forgot about me when he left. Like everybody else did..."

San, who was silently observing the situation spoke with a surprise growl to his voice.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him if he does that. No one's gonna ditch my brother after giving him hope! To be frank Mingi, I did a search on them weeks ago, even before your first date. They're indeed pretty much wealthy businessmen. But I couldn't find anything further because their government has really strict rules on the private information of their citizens. Despite that, my men had found nothing peculiar. Regardless that Yunho guy seems to be a good man, if he doesn't show up within another two weeks, I'm sorry bub, but I'm gonna end this once and for all. No one's gonna fucking mess with my pack!"

As the leader and only Alpha of the pack, San's affection towards Mingi was incomparable.

"I would say, let's go out tomorrow. For a change? I have been eyeing a recently opened restaurant for weeks now. The reviews are very positive. Let's go there. They offer a package that includes unlimited access to the bar, VIP treatment, and karaoke! It'll be fun for sure. What do you think, baby? Hmm?"

Mingi turned to look at Wooyoung, and a small smile started to form on his lips. "That sounds like a good idea. Count me in." San grinned at the response, happy to see that his Omega's mood was lifting. "Alright then, it's settled. We'll go tomorrow night. And don't worry, Mingi. We've got your back."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"W-wooyonghjak *hiccup* M-my love... JEONG WOOYOUNG!!! I l-love you-u, y-you j-jerk bkjkk *hiccup*"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Damn it Choi San, how much did you drink?"

Wooyoung and Mingi had to push San into the passenger seat of Wooyoung's car, despite his silly attempts to stand straight, which he obviously couldn't. It was already late midnight and the streets were deserted to the point where they couldn't even find a stray cat roaming around. As agreed yesterday, Mingi, Wooyoung, and San had their night out happening. Unfortunately, Yeosang couldn't join them as he had an exam to be studied. The absence of the Beta assuredly made a difference in the atmosphere, yet Wooyoung ensured that the other Omega was entirely distracted enough from his miseries to enjoy dusk till dawn.